Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MindHunter said:
Dealing with it the SMART WAY...

1st make sure that I have some water with me. Then hunt for about an hour or so Find a Shade tree or spot. Sit down for a few minutes. Hunt some more.. Repeat..

Listen if your Mding and digging then Feel Dizzy or lightheaded when you get back up...

Go hit a shady spot and take a break.. Otherwise Someone will be Finding you!!!!..
If you are to the point if feeling dizzy or light headed,or if you feel clammy but are not really sweating,get home and out of the heat!!! these are early warning signs of heat stroke......

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
White reflects the sun and heat.Were a bandana covering the back of your neck with a cap on your head.No steel toes and Thin clothes.Hydrate!!!!!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i curse and complain a lot. generally I'm dealing with it badly! ;D

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
This is why I think it is very important to have a hunting buddy and one of you should know the signs an symptoms of heat injuries and what to do. I always carry a medical bag with me and I never forgot all my combat medic training but I hope to never use it.

txkickergirl, soaking your t shirt in ice water huh? I like where this is going! GIGGIDI GIGGIDI GIG-A-DI!

LOL, sorry had to do it ;D Seriously, my wife is a redhead and was diagnosed with malignant melanoma (sp?) and we have to keep an eye on her and our son. Doctor said redheads are more prone to develop the skin cancer. Her and Wade have to be checked head to toe ever 3 months and my wife have had quit a few spots removed already.

Three main Heat injuries are Heat stroke, heat cramps and heat exhaustion. Everyone should take the time to learm the symptoms and what to do.

Good luck!!!

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
This heat is about to drive me crazy. I spend alot of time in on the net and reading books and researching, until I can't stand it any longer. Then I go out and detect for 10 minutes or so, until, with sweat pouring into my eyes, sore fingers, mosquito bites, and soaked clothes, I take my 3 memorial cents and 5 pulltabs and head back to the house, lol. Oh well, it won't last forever....

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Hot is not the only problem in this part of Missouri, the ground is so hard, the thought of digging 4-6 inches seems almost impossible. Then if you do, especially in a park or on someones lawn, there's the brown spot left behind. Although it's killing me too, guess I have to wait. It is 104 today and I guess it is to be that way until Thursday, as of now. Hopefully my seat at the baseball game will be in a shaded area tonight 6:00pm. That and a cold beer should break up the evening heat. HH to those who can, I envy you.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dont drink too much alcohol. I found out the hard way that drinking in the hot sun is not a good idea. ::)

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
bigcypresshunter said:
Dont drink too much alcohol. I found out the hard way that drinking in the hot sun is not a good idea. ::)

Caffeine is a bad idea too

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
Been shooting pool at the Senior Citizen's Center from 8 AM-4:30 PM. I do most of my MDing in the late fall ,winter ,and spring when the chiggers and ticks are not active.

hasbeen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread