What's new

How are you spending Memorial Day weekend?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me....just kicking back with no set plans, doing a little fishing and relaxing.
 
bigscoop said:
Me....just kicking back with no set plans, doing a little fishing and relaxing.

I envy you.

We're going downstate to visit a dying relative on my wife's side and then over to visit my brother who is also dying of cancer.

While this is necessary and all, not really the ideal Memorial Day weekend.
 
easy here also
swim in pool, heading to Mom and Dads at the lake to boat, swim, fish
have a burger and beer
no biggie but fun
 
We headed over by Cleveland, Oh to visit a couple of our old foster children they are graduating from high school. Then we will be heading home Monday afternoon so I can do some fishing.......Matt
 
Me I'll be remembering those that died while I'm driving my tractor around cutting grass a great time to reflect. God Bless
 
Michigan Badger said:
bigscoop said:
Me....just kicking back with no set plans, doing a little fishing and relaxing.

I envy you.

We're going downstate to visit a dying relative on my wife's side and then over to visit my brother who is also dying of cancer.

While this is necessary and all, not really the ideal Memorial Day weekend.

My prayers are with you & your family. thats hard to face.

me? my daughter is a slave driver, so we're painting the living room. which of course means puttying, sanding, scrubbing walls, & then the good stuff. after that I get to mow the lawn!
 
I live within hearing distance of a VETERENS CEMETERY. when the wind is blowing SE. what ever Iam doing I stop to the sound of TAPS with tears in my eyes.These Men And Women gave the ULTIMATE SACARIFICE.That's where I'll be on Memorial Day
 
worldtalker said:
I live within hearing distance of a VETERENS CEMETERY. when the wind is blowing SE. what ever Iam doing I stop to the sound of TAPS with tears in my eyes.These Men And Women gave the ULTIMATE SACARIFICE.That's where I'll be on Memorial Day

:thumbsup:
 
I am spending the weekend setting up my booth at the local antique mall.
 
texastee2007 said:
Went over early this morning to mow the bar ditch that runs in front of the cemetery and touch up the 10 acres I mowed. Made extra sure the cross flag holders are all standing straight. Rehung the American and Texas flags which have been taking a beating because of the high winds. Tomorrow morning there will be Scouts to do a proper flag raising and at the Memorial Stone the names will be read of those who have passed away during war and after war. There will be surviving Vets there and there will be prayers and song sung. There will be a gun sallute to those who have passed. Flags will be placed in all the Vets crosses. It will be a day of tears and remembrance.
I've already placed the Red, White and Blue flowers at the Memorial Stone.

:thumbsup:
 
Tomorrow morning will be spent with the legionnaires putting flags on war veteran's graves at our local cemeteries. Hopefully we will be finished by 10, the rest of the afternoon after the BBQ at son's I will be inside out of the heat.
 
Doing the chores I can't normally do because I never get time off from work.

For some reason I don't think our forefathers intended for us to work 6 days a week, sometimes 10-12 even 16 hours a day just to get by.

I'm grateful for those that fell for us...I suppose life could be a lot worse under a Hilter type regime or having to speak French.

Al
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom