What's new

How Do You Clean Sacagawea (Dug) Coin?

AC1955

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
351
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a Sacagawea coin about 4" deep in a field. Very dark color. What's best method to clean it? I use ammonia for clad coins and vinegar for coppers. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Anita
 
I use baking soda and warm water
 
Thanks. Will give that a try.

Anita
 
Guess I should have asked if there is any cleaning method that will restore the "gold" color to the coin. I tried the baking soda and water, it cleaned the crud off, but the coin is still a blackish copper color. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Anita
 
Take it to the bank and trade it for a shiny one
 
If you have a gold coin it will be gold. I think it will. can someone help.
 
Last edited:
Ran it through my tumbler with amonia/water and other clad coins. It lightened up and now has a gold tint. It is definitely a different color from the silver colored coins. I guess this is the best it will get, but at least it's clean now.

Thanks for your answers.

Anita
 
AC1955 said:
Ran it through my tumbler with amonia/water and other clad coins. It lightened up and now has a gold tint. It is definitely a different color from the silver colored coins. I guess this is the best it will get, but at least it's clean now.

Thanks for your answers.

Anita

At least it will still spend the same
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom