What's new

How do you get bags of halves?

changedman

Greenie
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I've seen that several of you have gotten bags of halves. Do you just ask for these at the bank? I assume these have more than $500 in them?
I'm about to ask my bank to order me some halves tomorrow, and was intending to just get a box...
 
Upvote 0
I get them from banks that have machines. When the bags fill they call me. I normally get dimes or halves, haven't really tried quarters yet. They come in $1000 bags.

I have heard people on here say that they can order boxes of halves. Not sure how, but I would like to know.
 
timbobwey...u donno how to order boxes of halves???????
also, some can only get those bags from their bank when they order halves, some can only get boxes...same thing, and i guess it depends on ur area...keep it up and hh!
 
Out of all my banks, branches, and Credit Unions, only one has a coin counter. It holds a $500 bag of halves, normally takes my tiny CU a year or better to fill a bag. Otherwise, if I place an order for halves, they come in boxes.
ffd
 
Just ask and they will tell you the day their coin comes in. Most banks don't have a problem ordering boxes, if you let them know in advance what you need.
 
it all depends on your area. i can't get bags anywhere in Pa. dunno if its a state thing or what. and i have checked hundreds of banks in the last few years.
 
If everyone knew how to order bags, there wouldnt be any left for me to pull my silver from. :nono: :nono: Your a big boy, you can figure it out. It took me a while but it can be done.
 
Where as around here they dont sell me bags , while i was on a road trip to the poconos a bank out there sold me the bag they were gonna send back. There were a few silvers in it.
 
Chainchomp, sorry. I meant I can't order bags of halves. I've ordered plenty of boxes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom