What's new

How do you identify boxes

skelly9131

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
I've seen lot's of talk about Brinks, Loomis, CWI, etc... I was just wondering how you identify which company a particular box comes from. Pictures would be great if anyone has them.
 
Upvote 0
skelly9131 said:
I've seen lot's of talk about Brinks, Loomis, CWI, etc... I was just wondering how you identify which company a particular box comes from. Pictures would be great if anyone has them.

Well Brinks Boxes have Rolls in them that say B-R-I-N-K-S on them.

the rest :dontknow: are a mystery to me.
 
obediah said:
skelly9131 said:
I've seen lot's of talk about Brinks, Loomis, CWI, etc... I was just wondering how you identify which company a particular box comes from. Pictures would be great if anyone has them.

Well Brinks Boxes have Rolls in them that say B-R-I-N-K-S on them.

the rest :dontknow: are a mystery to me.


Where I am the boxes delivered by Garda are the yellow and white CWI rolls, that also say String and Sons on them. I have not had them in a while but I believe that is what they have printed on them.

Some CRHers on here refer to these yellow and white CWI rolls as "Fed rolls". To the best of my knowledge, the coin couriers roll them themselves (whether it be Brinks, Garda, etc), and I do not believe that the Federal Reserve actually has coin processing/rolling as one of its duties??? But I don't know for sure on this. One of the many CRHing mysteries that nobody seems to know for sure.

Like Obediah says Brinks rolls say Brinks on them. Easy to spot.

Jim
 
I recently purchased my first box of halves. The box was brown standard cardboard with yellow writing that simply stated, "$500 Halves" in yellow with a band of yellow on each side of the box. The coins were rolled in white paper with a brown/tanish colored ban with "$10." Obviously it was not Brinks. Not sure who supplied the box.

apush :read2:
 
I just ask the tellers what service they use. In my area, Suntrust uses Brinks, Whacovia, BB&T, and Chevy Chase all use Dunbar. These are the only banks I currently have accouns with, besides the Navy Federal Credit Union, but I have not asked them for coins yet...
 
Oh,

I have seen a lot of Garda trucks in the area, but never seen one at a bank, always at grocery stores. I am guessing that they might service some of the local banks that only have 1 or 2 locations, but I dont go in thiose since I dont have an account.
 
the only way to truly know is to ask. you cannot tell by the boxes (except Brinks and i have seen unmarked boxes from them also) or the machine rolls. the black and white and the yellow and white are (string and sons) are used by several companies. the only one i know that uses the clear (see-through) are Brinks but they don't use them for half dollars.
 
jim4silver said:
obediah said:
skelly9131 said:
I've seen lot's of talk about Brinks, Loomis, CWI, etc... I was just wondering how you identify which company a particular box comes from. Pictures would be great if anyone has them.

Well Brinks Boxes have Rolls in them that say B-R-I-N-K-S on them.

the rest :dontknow: are a mystery to me.


Where I am the boxes delivered by Garda are the yellow and white CWI rolls, that also say String and Sons on them. I have not had them in a while but I believe that is what they have printed on them.

Some CRHers on here refer to these yellow and white CWI rolls as "Fed rolls". To the best of my knowledge, the coin couriers roll them themselves (whether it be Brinks, Garda, etc), and I do not believe that the Federal Reserve actually has coin processing/rolling as one of its duties??? But I don't know for sure on this. One of the many CRHing mysteries that nobody seems to know for sure.

Like Obediah says Brinks rolls say Brinks on them. Easy to spot.

Jim

Jim, you are correct. Reserve branches do not have the capacity to roll coin. It does indeed process coin. The rolling duties are carried out by the carriers. Now, the only carriers that will get their coin from the reserve are those that are considered reserve vaults. The Reserve branches do not have the capacity to store the coin and rely on reserve vaults to store the excess.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom