greydigger
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 28, 2008
- Messages
- 1,372
- Reaction score
- 35
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Aloha, Orygun
- Detector(s) used
- wishing stick
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Re: open carry
I find this too much to believe unless you are with a group.
As a single person I can imagine a group of bad guys walking up to you.
They are interested in your display of a firearm.
Some talk happens and someone behind you grabs the weapon.
Or else you tell them to stay away while brandishing a gun.
Are you going to pull and shoot them all?
They may be just curious.
I have always carried and now have legal permit to do so.
But I do not display it.
That just invites bad guys.
Now if somthing bad was going on and I felt life was in danger I would shoot to kill.
I like the idea of rifle and revolver using the same ammo and have .45 colt in each.
Peacemaker is hard to conceal though.
I have never hunted without a partner. (who also carries).
We stay away from each other because can hear other machines when close.
The biggest problem I have had is with folks setting dogs free in parks where leash laws are posted.
They run like crazy which is fine but when the dogs come up to me I don't know
if they will bite me or eat MD or just be nice.
I have been bitten by several "nice dogs" who never did that before.
Hunting a nice park was attacked by a young setter.
Owner wanted to do me harm for hitting his dog.
Leache and strong words made them go away. I did not have permit then.
I love dogs and had a few, but gimme a break.
Carry mace for the dogs running free now and .357 for all else.
Grey
I find this too much to believe unless you are with a group.
As a single person I can imagine a group of bad guys walking up to you.
They are interested in your display of a firearm.
Some talk happens and someone behind you grabs the weapon.
Or else you tell them to stay away while brandishing a gun.
Are you going to pull and shoot them all?
They may be just curious.
I have always carried and now have legal permit to do so.
But I do not display it.
That just invites bad guys.
Now if somthing bad was going on and I felt life was in danger I would shoot to kill.
I like the idea of rifle and revolver using the same ammo and have .45 colt in each.
Peacemaker is hard to conceal though.
I have never hunted without a partner. (who also carries).
We stay away from each other because can hear other machines when close.
The biggest problem I have had is with folks setting dogs free in parks where leash laws are posted.
They run like crazy which is fine but when the dogs come up to me I don't know
if they will bite me or eat MD or just be nice.
I have been bitten by several "nice dogs" who never did that before.
Hunting a nice park was attacked by a young setter.
Owner wanted to do me harm for hitting his dog.
Leache and strong words made them go away. I did not have permit then.
I love dogs and had a few, but gimme a break.
Carry mace for the dogs running free now and .357 for all else.
Grey
only one word ( Beretta )



But just don't get her mad
Yeah I found out the hard way 







