What's new

How do you search your rolls?

ChicagoCubsWS

Greenie
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Hi all, I was just a little curious of how you all search the rolls you get?

I tear it in half, dump all of them on my table, then look at every front and back.


Just a little question :)

Adam
 
Upvote 0
I slip a fingernail under the lip and ever so carefully unroll the edge, push out the coins from the other side and check dates. After that I fill the rolls back up with non silver, carefully roll the edge back down nice and tight and then label all of those rolls SILVER with a red sharpie before returning them to the bank.
 
ChicagoCubsWS said:
Hi all, I was just a little curious of how you all search the rolls you get?

I tear it in half, dump all of them on my table, then look at every front and back.


Just a little question :)

Adam

WARNING: Sarcasm

First I extend the thumb on my right hand and semi close the fingers of the same hand to make a fist. This position looks very similar to the international hitchhiker's hand while humping the blacktop of the 88 during the most dismal seasons of the year. I then close my eyes and pray that Venus is aligned with Jupiter. While using my left hand, I strategically finger the roll that gives me the best feeling . A good feeling has no relevance as to what the roll will deliver but hey, you asked. After extracting the coin from it's place within the box, I place it into my right hand. I then place my thumb and index finger on the opposite sides of the roll. I begin to peel a small portion of the roll so that I can pull the rolled portion out. This technique will ensure that I can unroll the roll completely from top to bottom. I then inspect the roll and distribute the coins accordingly. If there is no copper on the outside of the coin then I keep it. If there is copper on the outside of the coin, then I dump it into a koolaid like container. I hope this helps.

BTW - Can someone tell me how you search rolls of nickels? It seems that my technique as described does not work. If possible I would also like tips on how to avoid actually looking at the coin. As a matter of fact, if there is anyone out there who knows of a technique to see through the roll paper without opening it, I would be more than grateful.
 
BTW - Can someone tell me how you search rolls of nickels? It seems that my technique as described does not work. If possible I would also like tips on how to avoid actually looking at the coin. As a matter of fact, if there is anyone out there who knows of a technique to see through the roll paper without opening it, I would be more than grateful.
nickles are tough and i have little patience.....i place the roll in my right hand closing my fingers snugly around the entire roll....i raise my right arm up beside my head and with great force and determination i smash the roll against the curb thus freeing all the nickles from thier paper tomb. then i sit on the curb and search all the nickles while drinking my Budweiser.
:icon_scratch:neighbors look at me kinda weird though :dontknow:
 
wharghoul said:
I'm starting to see a correlation here. :sign13: Perhaps you can tell a lot about a person and what kind of lover they are by the way they open their rolls. Some scan the edges, rip right thru them, and some take their sweet time, covering all the details.....

Just a thought.

Funny you should say that... I just sit there with them in my lap and expect them to tell me how to open them. If i don't get good enough instructions I just kind of fumble my way through till something happens. Might even drop them a few times.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom