How Mailbox blowers work?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I was going to tell them the same thing, being originally from the Chesapeake and having an oyster boat back in the day.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was going to tell them the same thing, being originally from the Chesapeake and having an oyster boat back in the day.
Which same thing? Did Mel invent the mailbox or adapt the mailbox to his needs?

eann

Feb 7, 2022
Building a prop deflector for trenching for a twin engine boat would be cheaper and easier to do than building 2 blowers.Plus you can use hydraulics to raise and lower it to get out of there quick when a storm shows up.Your deflector can also be dual purpose.A dive platform and deflector.
Hello,
I am looking into mailbox blowers to use to clear gravel beds at the bottom of bays (not for treasure hunting but for maintenance and cleaning), can you explain what you mean by a prop deflector please? If it hits a larger surface area than a blower it might be something I look into. Thanks!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dm3145.jpg

eann

Feb 7, 2022
ARC,
Since you seem to be active and know about these, would you be willing to help me out a bit? I was wondering if it is possible to get these blowers ordered and made by an engineering company/retailer or if any shops sell them? Or do I have to build it myself/buy from a person that has made theirs on their own without the help of professional help? Overall, I do not think I would be in an easy position to purchase a blower off the internet from just a person, it would be much easier for me to order from a company or engineer if that makes sense. Do you know anything about this or have any advice? Thanks for the help,
-eann

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARC,
Since you seem to be active and know about these, would you be willing to help me out a bit? I was wondering if it is possible to get these blowers ordered and made by an engineering company/retailer or if any shops sell them? Or do I have to build it myself/buy from a person that has made theirs on their own without the help of professional help? Overall, I do not think I would be in an easy position to purchase a blower off the internet from just a person, it would be much easier for me to order from a company or engineer if that makes sense. Do you know anything about this or have any advice? Thanks for the help,
-eann
Unfortunately I do not.

Perhaps someone here like Fisheye or another member can help you with your endeavor... i do however wish you the best of luck therein.

eann

Feb 7, 2022
Unfortunately I do not.

Perhaps someone here like Fisheye or another member can help you with your endeavor... i do however wish you the best of luck therein.
Thank you! I will keep searching

Reactions: ARC

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Searched here and found this:

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Both Companys can build you what you need.... Apple has been doing it a long time....

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Both Companys can build you what you need.... Apple has been doing it a long time....
We've been using mailboxes on the Whydah since 1984, the only way to move 15-20 feet of highly mobile sand!

ScubaDigger

May 26, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I am looking into mailbox blowers to use to clear gravel beds at the bottom of bays (not for treasure hunting but for maintenance and cleaning), can you explain what you mean by a prop deflector please? If it hits a larger surface area than a blower it might be something I look into. Thanks!
UPDATE: Finally the government contract fell through and the project was “postponed” (in the West it’s called: abandoned) Back to conducting systematic Technical Surveys(TS) and Spot Tasks in Suspected Hazardous Areas(SHAs) in Koror & Babelthuap.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
ScubaDiigger blowers have never been used in Koror & Babellthuap systems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread