What's new

How many boxes per week?

placerman

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
How many boxes per week do you do?

Does it vary depending on the banks and other factors or do you have a goal that you strive to meet every week?

For you big time CRHers, is there a logistical limit to how many boxes you can comfortably do in a week?
 
Upvote 0
For Halves: Usually do 2k in bags (4 boxes) a week. Just ordered another box from a seperate bank this week. Not in any ways a big timer like some on here but dumping does make things difficult at times. Might up another box a week if I can find more dump banks.

Dimes: Only do CWR dimes so it varies.

Nickels: 1-2 boxes a week

Cents: 2-4 a week
 
If money were not a major issue, and you had the problem of dumping all figured out, how much would you do a week?
 
placerman said:
If money were not a major issue, and you had the problem of dumping all figured out, how much would you do a week?

Probably about 10k a week in halves.
 
placerman said:
If money were not a major issue, and you had the problem of dumping all figured out, how much would you do a week?
A whole lot more than do now that is for sure :laughing7: .
 
AGCoinHunter said:
placerman said:
If money were not a major issue, and you had the problem of dumping all figured out, how much would you do a week?

Probably about 10k a week in halves.



OK. Given your current situation, if you had 2000 to play with, how many boxes could you go through on a weekly basis. Some will of course say 4 boxes but I am sure there are a few who have figured out how to do more than that...

I have done a lot of homework on this and it looks like Ill be easily able to handle 4000 per week for the remainder of the year.
 
4k is doable weekly on 2k but you better make sure you have no issues with dumping and you get your boxes from multiple banks. Some banks here get boxes on Tuesday and some on Thursday, so that would fit in nicely.
 
I do as many as I can stand to dump, which totals about 2 boxes a month.
 
I only have $1k to use and manage about 12 boxes a week...sometimes more.
 
joad said:
I only have $1k to use and manage about 12 boxes a week...sometimes more.


joad you are my hero!!!!

You turn 1000 dollars over 6 times a week?

WOW!!!!
 
That is impressive. I just dont have the free time to pickup/dump that much.
 
I don't have a set limit to "play with". When I get my paychecks, I cash them, and usually take $100-250 out for dimes/nickels/pennies.

Right now, I'm sitting on about 3K of loose change in a 5-Gallon bucket because my dump banks hate me. The casinos hate me. Everyone hates me :'(

I get burned out pretty easily if it's super tedious searching - like $500 in dimes, or $100 in pennies. The halves are easy on my eyes, and make for a neat story if you find an oldie.

DAVE
 
With 2k I would turn it over every day and set up a standing order at 5 - 6 banks and do 4 boxes a day ea day 6 days a week. It is possible. even If you had a regular job and get off work by 2:30 you could do 4 boxes each day. Pick up on the way home search and dump for the next day providing your dump banks are open till 6 pm. It takes me about 15 minuts to rip and edge search a box.

Mojo
 
placerman said:
How many boxes per week do you do?

Does it vary depending on the banks and other factors or do you have a goal that you strive to meet every week?

For you big time CRHers, is there a logistical limit to how many boxes you can comfortably do in a week?

Since I live overseas, I don't get to do much searching. Usually, it's about $40 in nickels/pennies a week. But lately, I've stepped up to $80 in nickels a week. I wish I had more to search. :(
 
Only 7 boxes of halves a week. Finances and time prevent me from going through more. I will search the occasional box of cents, nickels, or dimes as well. I don't search boxes of quarters.
 
placerman said:
joad said:
I only have $1k to use and manage about 12 boxes a week...sometimes more.


joad you are my hero!!!!

You turn 1000 dollars over 6 times a week?

WOW!!!!

Assuming Joad is doing halves. Are you doing halves Joad? If so, you are one hell of a man. how do you do it?
 
12 boxes of halves per week. I'd love to double that amount but dumping is already tough enough.
Rich
 
I have a system set up where I buy and dump every day but Sunday, sometimes my limit- sometimes not. In '08 I did 42 boxes a week for 9 mos straight, course I had $6K to play with. Since that burnout/sabatical I came back at half pace and have slowly worked back up to mid 30's a week now. Lost a couple banks along the way or it would be more. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom