How many coins will I find?

Oh, okay, so your own test results don't involve coins and aren't posted in this thread....

I'm curious, but does you wife witness your tests, because your statement "I come back in and hand her the nugget" suggests you are dowsing alone, and you verify your own results after each run. This can't be considered a double blind test, Art. Isn't that how you say you've been "testing" yourself all along?

I'm curious, but does you wife witness your tests, because your statement "I come back in and hand her the nugget" suggests you are dowsing alone, and you verify your own results after each run. This can't be considered a double blind test, Art. Isn't that how you say you've been "testing" yourself all along?

Your comments make some sense. I could be going out and picking each egg up until I found the nuggett. But what would be my advantage be to doing this? I would learn nothing. I would be cheating my self. I would be making my wife work for my dreams. I do these test for my benifit. You need to read up on Double Tests and understand that they are not all that you seem to think they are. I have been working on a unit for the people down the street for 3 days....I found something that worked. I found three unknown targets in a row. I only had 3 bowls and I found the target in 3 tests. I don't know what the odds are but I am sure it will work for these people now. What do I get for 3 days of work? I may get a share of what they find. That is called trust and I believe in this concept.....Art

JudyH said:
So, now that we all know what it feels like to be ridiculed and falsely accused.... :-[....can we please get on with it, and try to actually get back to the subject at hand.....which I believe was Art's original question?

White Flag Raised.....

Judy

I believe Carl and I already answered Art's question. Hell, I included complete statistical equations and a table of results. Yet, you think we haven't answered his question YET? :D

xupz said:
JudyH said:
So, now that we all know what it feels like to be ridiculed and falsely accused.... :-[....can we please get on with it, and try to actually get back to the subject at hand.....which I believe was Art's original question?

White Flag Raised.....

Judy

I believe Carl and I already answered Art's question. Hell, I included complete statistical equations and a table of results. Yet, you think we haven't answered his question YET? :D

I know things get buried around here fairly quickly, but didn't I also just answer his question in:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,62622.msg460057.html#msg460057

How many times must the same question be answered? (rhetorical)

Jean

[SWR" Just can't resist a little spin-off and "look at me, look at me" session, eh? ;)
Ya got it my buddy. coming from someone that never insults, ridicules anyone, or even degrads another 's observation, I value that.

Tropical Tramp

Jean310 said:
xupz said:
JudyH said:

White Flag Raised.....

Judy

I know things get buried around here fairly quickly, but didn't I also just answer his question in:

How many times must the same question be answered? (rhetorical)

Jean

I'll pile on just fer yuks... his question has been answered over and over and over and over and over. But tomorrow's a fresh day, and Art can again pretend that no one has answered his question.

- Carl

xupz link=I believe Carl and I already answered Art's question. Hell, I included complete statistical equations and a table of results. Yet, you think we haven't answered his question YET? :D
YEP! you haven't factored the two post's data into it yet, just excuses . Without this data it is simply useless. and blustering.

Tropical Tamp

Jean:I know things get buried around here fairly quickly, but didn't I also just answer his question in:
How many times must the same question be answered? (rhetorical)Jean
Once correctly is sufficient, but so far I fail to see where it incorporates the data from the two posts so while it may be nice for mechanical data, it fails utterly for dowsing.

Any beginning psychology student can easily see why, but not an Ms apparently..

Tropical Tramp

Carl-NC said:
I'll pile on just fer yuks... his question has been answered over and over and over and over and over. But tomorrow's a fresh day, and Art can again pretend that no one has answered his question.

- Carl

What does Art hope to gain by pretending his question was never answered? His daily (sometimes hourly) avoidance of the answer he asked for, is in no way going to change the truth of it.

Reminds me some of a postgrad student I once knew. With a preconceived notion of where he wanted his paper to conclude, he became increasingly irritated when all the data and references pointed to a different conclusion. Talk about bull-headed, rather than admit he was wrong, he trashed the entire paper and started over with a different topic. He didn't get as good a grade as he might have if he'd stayed with the original paper. Oh well, you make your choices and suffer the consequences.

Jean

Jean310 said:
Reminds me some of a postgrad student I once knew. With a preconceived notion of where he wanted his paper to conclude, he became increasingly irritated when all the data and references pointed to a different conclusion.

When all else fails, just make it up.

- Carl

Hahahahaa this is fantastically humours heeheheh

As Gobbles said, "if you repeat an error, uh untruth, often enough, it becomes accepted as the truth". No way charlie, not in here. xu's blighted statistics fail utterly since they do not take into conideration the many external fields interacting with the human's basic fields.

The obvious proof is the failure to successfully incorporate the data in the infamous posts into the critical parts of the statistics data, in which case the formula is self immolating. just too many variables to use it.

Troical ramp still laughing

Dell Winders said:
Speak for your self, Carl. Dell

"I will load [my] forum up with the excerpts of fallacies and untruths you have written about LRL, MFD, and me, which you are requesting me to post." -- Dell [Dec 8, 2004]

JudyH said:
Then it would seem you should be thanking him.....after all, his contributions are about the only thing allowing you to keep up this back patting party and rancor.

Ain't that the truth. Heaping helpings of "cain't do its," alibis, and excuses. And, of course, it's all the skeptics' fault.

- Carl

Now, on the off chance that you were thinking of using this test as a tool to demonstrate how dowsing can do better than ordinary guessing, I would say you had better shoot for hitting at least 5 or more, to demonstrate a lot of confidence, maybe even 6 or more. That is, if you do the entire test, say 3 or 4 times (10 trials each), you could certainly boast some real talent if all those tests exhibited a score of 6 or more.

Hey Jean....There is no reason to answer your question. You did it for us. Could you please answer one question for me...If all you experts say that 1 out of 10 (which in real math is 10%) is chance guessing it seems to me that if you got 2 out of 10 (whch is 20%) you beat the odds of chance guessing. Is that not good math or is it that you want us to get 6 out of 10 ( which is 60%) or 6 times better than the odds because you fear that your math may not be right. My confidence as is my ego is OK so why? This should not be to hard to answer...Art

How about addressing the simple data in post # 108 in this lead? Oh would be mathematical geniuses????

It seems that there are several posts that none of you will address?? Is it because they are obviously correct and so destroy your pet formula, or is it that you don't have a broad enough education to understand them?

Incidentally, I have a back scratcher to go with your back patting.

Tropical Tramp

isn't it the truth judy gal, fortunately it isn't working in here except that it is boring me. I keep seeing the same discarded statistic being presented over and over with no attempt to modify or correct it so it is obvious that they are either incapable of doing so or simply do not understand beginning psychology etc..

Frankly its getting very monotonous since nothing new has been added for over a week. They must live in a very narrow world.

I notice that carl has not denied the gold coin trick/suit??

Tropicl Tramp

Ok since all you dowsers can't seem to grasp the math that answered Art's question, what exactly is wrong with the math? Seriously, does the BINOMIAL distribution not apply here? Let's hear it since it's so obvious to all of you dowsers.

[=xupz
Ok since all you dowsers can't seem to grasp the math that answered Art's question, what exactly is wrong with the math? Seriously, does the BINOMIAL distribution not apply here? Let's hear it since it's so obvious to all of you dowsers.
YAWN

Tropical Tramp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back