How many coins will I find?

J

Jean310

aarthrj3811 said:
Now, on the off chance that you were thinking of using this test as a tool to demonstrate how dowsing can do better than ordinary guessing, I would say you had better shoot for hitting at least 5 or more, to demonstrate a lot of confidence, maybe even 6 or more. That is, if you do the entire test, say 3 or 4 times (10 trials each), you could certainly boast some real talent if all those tests exhibited a score of 6 or more.

Hey Jean....There is no reason to answer your question. You did it for us. Could you please answer one question for me...If all you experts say that 1 out of 10 (which in real math is 10%) is chance guessing it seems to me that if you got 2 out of 10 (whch is 20%) you beat the odds of chance guessing. Is that not good math or is it that you want us to get 6 out of 10 ( which is 60%) or 6 times better than the odds because you fear that your math may not be right. My confidence as is my ego is OK so why? This should not be to hard to answer...Art

Could I please answer one question for you? Yes I can.

Your question concerning why the 6 out of 10 performance level was stipulated in order to show bona fide dowsing talent has a very good answer. It has nothing to do with your guess as to why it was stipulated.

However, as some of your constituents have recently indicated..... yawn..... I've grown rather tired..... yawn and bored.... yawn .....with the game you have chosen..... yawn...... to play here. Your daily routine of ..... yawn Stump The Skeptics With a Steady Stream of Inane Questions ....... has..... yawn run its course with me. If you were actually interested in the resultant answers, I might play along a little further with you.

But you're not the least bit interested; consequently, I'm not at all interested in playing your game any more. I'm sure there may be others here who will play with you --but I'm not one of them. On my Entertainment Scale of 0 to 10, I would rank your game as roughly 0.5, or maybe 1.0.

Run along and play now, and be sure to listen for the lunch bell so you can come in and have your peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and if you're real good, and eat all your lunch, you can have some milk and cookies too. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jean

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Whoa Jean310....Don't run off and hide.......You people have been pounding me with your odds and Math for weeks now. I don't understand or ignoring them. They are a GUESS ....When I go to Reno and drop my money on a table at odds of 1 in 5 if I beat those odds I win. You see they have done the research with real dice and cards. No guessing just plain FACTS. I have posted ways to get real facts and numbers to work with. Keep on giving your excuses and making jokes because you can not prove Dowsing does not work.....Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Whoa Jean310....Don't run off and hide.......You people have been pounding me with your odds and Math for weeks now. I don't understand or ignoring them.
There's your problem, Art. You dismiss anything you don't agree with, and latch on to falsities that you claim validate your ignorance.

J

Jean310

aarthrj3811 said:
Keep on giving your excuses and making jokes because you can not prove Dowsing does not work.....Art

I don't have to prove dowsing does not work. You and your compatriots have taken care of that little task all by yourselves. And very nicely I might add. (If I was skeptical before, you've certainly cleared up any doubt I once had.)

Whether you are aware of it or not, each and every posting you make literally screams the message; "Hey look at me, I can't dowse but I like to pretend I can and I've pretended for so long that now I just like to argue with those who know I can't dowse." ;D I've always wondered about the Psych 101 course, two floors below me, and why they got so much grant money. Now I think I'm beginning to understand. ;)

I'm sure you've been told this before, but just as a reminder; It is the claimant whose responsibility it is to substantiate their own claims, not the other way around. ;D

When you hear the bell, don't forget to come in from recess..... this afternoon we're all going to watch another segment of our Silas Marner movie, and learn why he became a recluse. 8)

Jean

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
I'm sure you've been told this before, but just as a reminder; It is the claimant whose responsibility it is to substantiate their own claims, not the other way around.

There is a twisted logic.

It is Randi, Carl, and the Skeptic group that infer, or outright claim Dowsers are liars, or mis-guided, and that some are frauds, scammers & crooks. If you wish to prove what the Skeptic group is alleging, then it is up to you to provide legitimate physical evidence to substanstiate your inferences and allegations.

Rational minded people don't make judgements based on the assumption that a person is "Guilty until they prove their innocence".
No one is claiming that dowsing is guilty until proven innocent. The only reason there are skeptics around is because of the wild and sometimes irrational claims of dowsers that talk a good game, but have no steak to go with their sizzle.

If you're going to swear up and down that you know there is a Viking ship buried under your driveway, then be prepared to provide proof of this or be laughed out the door.

If you claim to have map dowsed a cannon full of gold that is 20 feet below the surface of the ground, then show up with a cannon full of gold, not fantastic stories that are easily dismissed.

If someone wants to verify that you are actually doing what you claim, then be prepared to show proof, and don't just holler, "I don't have prove anything, you should just believe me!!"

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
af JUDY Dell, etc. relax I haven't seen one single bit of evidence that they -the anti's- are capable of thinking outside of their little closed box.

None of their vaunted statistic tests even begin to answer the question at hand, but they just continuously repeat and repeat the same faulted boring data as if it had come from the right hand of GOD.

Frankly I am getting bored with the lack of imaginative reasoning and inability to visualize some
thing outside of their immediate learning. They apparent are incapable of adjusting to progress and unable to enter in a progressive open discussion., except for "look at me! peons"

As much as I have been running SWR down, he is far Superior in general intelligence. Perhaps not in statistics, but every thing else, yes.. (sides I kinda like him heheh)

Imcidentaly I personally am disgusted with patronizng people, even when it isn't directed to me, especially when the patornizer doesn't merit it.

Tropical Tramp

M

Mike(Mont)

A gold prospector died and when he got to the Pearly Gates Saint Peter said there was no more room for prospectors. So the guy said, "Just give me a half hour and if there's no room I'll go down below." St. Peter said okay. In a few minutes about a hundred prospectors came rushing out and demanded to go down below. St. Peter said okay. Then the first prospector came back out and St. Peter said "I don't understand. You got those guys to go down below, now why you?" The prospector said, I told them there was a rumor of a gold strike down below. Then I started thinking, and with all that digging going on somebody is bound to hit a strike." Meaning, if the skeptics say it enough SOMEBODY is bound to believe it. Unfortunately it is most likely to be some naive person that gets the negative influence. I can't recall the lyrics to the song "Stairway To Heaven" but something like "There's still time to change the road you're on." "And if you listen very hard, the truth will come to you at last." "When all is one and one is all."

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
So Arthur,the only question is- How many coins will I find? Not others that you conducted the test on.I don't see your personal test results anywhere in all this jibberish.
It is here some place with all the other jebberish. In my personal Double Blind test I have been perfect. When I do the Double Blind test and guess my results are from 0 to 2. The two finds seem to be the right answer for me.....Art
This is for Jean310.THE RESULTS! Woohoo! About right for the "guess" I guess? Highly unbelievable on the personal double blind,what does "perfect"mean anyway? Educate me please? 10 OUT OF 10? Surely you jest!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mike(Mont) said:
A gold prospector died and when he got to the Pearly Gates Saint Peter said there was no more room for prospectors. So the guy said, "Just give me a half hour and if there's no room I'll go down below." St. Peter said okay. In a few minutes about a hundred prospectors came rushing out and demanded to go down below. St. Peter said okay. Then the first prospector came back out and St. Peter said "I don't understand. You got those guys to go down below, now why you?" The prospector said, I told them there was a rumor of a gold strike down below. Then I started thinking, and with all that digging going on somebody is bound to hit a strike." Meaning, if the skeptics say it enough SOMEBODY is bound to believe it. Unfortunately it is most likely to be some naive person that gets the negative influence. I can't recall the lyrics to the song "Stairway To Heaven" but something like "There's still time to change the road you're on." "And if you listen very hard, the truth will come to you at last." "When all is one and one is all."
What's amusing about this rant is that Mike doesn't realize it can be applied to dowsers as well. Keep digging and sooner or later you'll find gold.....then just give all the credit to your rods. :D

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=Jean310 I I've always wondered about the Psych 101 course, two floors below me, and why they got so much grant money. Now I think I'm beginning to understand. ;)
I was hopeful that you weren't too dense jean., but doesn't' it embarrass you be the subject of a study of unbalanced IQ 100 's in modem science, ones whose entire field of knowedge and life is so narrow?

There are people in MENSA that scored high enough to enter, based almost entirely upon their math ability., but were almost morons in anything else. They were extreme boring since that was their only claim to fame or intelligence. They used it as a life saver, clutching it to their breasts, telling every one and themselves, how magnificent they were, how far above the common herd they were since no=one else understood their genius. .. I don't have to tell you that they were soon left to themselves.
When you hear the bell, don't forget to come in from recess..... this afternoon we're all going to watch another segment of our Silas Marner movie, and learn why he became a recluse. 8) Jean
You will be be joining us naturally? or are you gong to be out in the yard still sulking?

Tropical Tramp

X

xupz

RealdeTayopa said:
clutching it to their breasts

After having a bajillion posts of mine deleted, I would like to see the post deleted as "br**sts" is clearly offensive to some woman somewhere on earth.

Oh yea, to stay on topic, mu=np=10*.10=1 QED. ;D

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[quote author=SWR common herd they were since no=one else understood their genius. .. I don't have to tell you that they were soon left to themselves.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
gotta tell ya brother...I'm having a hard time believing you even went to college :(
Sheesh, how many times do I have to say that I was a high school, kick out, a military reject, and just a bum roaming from the Gobi desert to the Mexican jungles of Yucatan and even through the then unknown barrancas of north western Mexico, Just living from hand to hand daily. sometimes lucky to get my quota of Tequila or Peyote.

Do you want me to repeat this daily swr, or have you finally gotten it?

Heck my lack of English and simple logic should verify this for you swr.

Tropical Tramp

J

Jean310

xupz said:
RealdeTayopa said:
clutching it to their breasts

After having a bajillion posts of mine deleted, I would like to see the post deleted as "br**sts" is clearly offensive to some woman somewhere on earth.

Oh yea, to stay on topic, mu=np=10*.10=1 QED. ;D

That's rather interesting. I was told, in another forum just yesterday, that I had to make sure my language was suitable for 15-year old youngsters, and I guess it was given as one of the reasons my posting was deleted.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,64182.msg465112.html#msg465112

Have you ever seen me use language that would not be appropriate for a 15-year old? I often use language that goes right over the top of Art's head, but I wouldn't think it could be considered offensive to a youngster. ???

Jean

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=SWR link=
author=RealdeTayopa ]
There are people in MENSA that scored high enough to enter, based almost entirely upon their math ability., but were almost morons in anything else. They were extreme boring since that was their only claim to fame or intelligence. They used it as a life saver, clutching it to their breasts, telling every one and themselves, how magnificent they were, how far above the common herd they were since no=one else understood their genius. .. I don't have to tell you that they were soon left to themselves.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
And you know this because....you read about it on the internet? Or, perhaps you are claiming to be a MENSA member?
I'll let you figure that one out with your statistics swr.

Tropcal Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi carls .
author=Carl-NC link=topic=28701.msg466040#msg466040 date=1168463099]
[[/quote]]You admit that you can not Dowse....So how can you know that the RODS behave the same

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Of course I can dowse! It's quite easy, just not very useful. - Carl

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H swr. And you know this because....you read about it on the internet? Or, perhaps you are claiming to be a MENSA member
Perhaps this will give you a clue swr.

Tropcal Tramp

Attachments

• Much ado about    Mensa 2.jpg
    Much ado about Mensa 2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 168
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=SWR link=
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
perhaps this will give you a clue swr.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Nope, the clue is in your replies.
Well gee thanks swr, I didn't realize that you knew that my IQ was valid.and that I didn't have to prove anything to you. Since you so generously granted me that, I must say, since I personally had nothing to do with developing it, I have no claim to fame or being above one of say 80 Binet. Again thanks for the compliment
!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Operational definitions are inherently difficult — arguably, even impossible — to apply to mental entities, because these latter are generally understood to be accessible only to the individual who experiences them and are therefore not independently verifiable."
=================

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=SWR link=topicThank goodness I've still got me boots on ::)
The statistic and anti dowser group is getting a little high and deep, I agree swr.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Operational definitions are inherently difficult — arguably, even impossible — to apply to mental entities, because these latter are generally understood to be accessible only to the individual who experiences them and are therefore not independently verifiable."
=================

Tropical Tramp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread