How many lost rings/items do you know about/been told about ?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you would not believe the amount of rings lost I been told about
people either replaced them and dont care - lost and dont care - lost and care but dont want anyone else to find them-
lost and cant take the time to show me where to hunt for it or afraid even after I have told them and showed them pics
of returns Ive made - they dont believe I wouldnt want something to find it or think with the price of gold I would pocket it
I'll list a few (maybe more than a few) -
My girlfriend wears bunch of rings Ive found - people will start conversations with her about them (lot of diamonds)
and she'll tell them "My boy friend metal detects" and they will tell of losses
one guy lost his wedding band in his backyard doin yard work - she told him I could find it - he lost it a few years ago -
replaced it - his lawn is like a golf course and doesnt think he'd like me digging there.

Girl she works with son lost a gold necklace in a fresh water pond - wont tell where pond is - even though I would return it if found

woman she works with daughter lost a class ring at beach - was really vague about where it was - even though she knew the moment she lost it and did not want to take the time to meet and show me

Another friends daughter lost class ring in her back yard - I made plans twice and was supposed to meet her at her house and she was going to try and narrow area she lost it (very big yard) I showed up and was stood up both times - they brought it up again - I have not offered to go back

My friends mother & father have a friend that lost his wedding band off pier at a lake house - they wont tell me the lake - guy is old timer and thinks i would go in and find and keep it

one of my bosses at work told me similar story - his friend lost his weddng band off small lake house pier - wont tell me the lake - says his friend might have me look later this summer

woman I work with said girl threw her engagement ring out car window in woods across from her house - wont tell me where because she thinks I'll sneak in and keep to myself - once again she has seen articles I wrote on returning rings

guy at work says his wife lost her engagement ring while walking their dog down side walk near their house - told him I could find it-
he said it has to be on one of the lawns down the street - does not want to ask them for permission to hit - plus he already replaced it for her

another diamond ring was thrown out of window and is on a dentist office lawn - asked permission to find - they said "no - and dont let us catch you coming back at night or we'll call the police on you- this is private property"

another guy I work with lost his wedding band in grass at a private club - asked if i could find it - I said sure - just ask the powers that be there for me to have permission - next time I saw him - he said he just bought a new one

another guy I work with said a friend of his lost his wedding band near some rock islands just off beach in CT. - I know around the area he is talking about - but with out the actual guy that lost it to tell me - Id have to search an area the size of a football field

one of my work partners said he went to a wedding down in Jamaica - and one of the wedding party guests dove in and lost his wedding band - I know what beach and guy said he could tell me exact area - but I would have to get down to Jamaica and not on my flight plans right now - its in deep water so probably still there

A guy told me he lost his wedding band at an eco park in Mexico - told me the park - but dont think they would let me look for it

A girl at work says she lost a 1 carat diamond earing in her front yard - my girlfriend refuses me to go look for it because she is afraid what I would be offered if I found it -hehehe

There's more - but you get the idea

just wondering how many of you out there got your own list of "Lost but not founds"

Upvote 0
remembered another
Key West - at private resort bch - last day for me detecting - Im just getting out of the water
and guy walks up to me and says "hey does that thing work under water?"
should have said "no - just washing it off"
He said he lost a gold cross and necklace - I said "how deep?"
he said in 5 - 6 - 7 feet of water - back then I was only doing like chest deep
so got to wonder if thats still out there

Lake Delton washout, 2008. Had a resort owner friend tell me about a huge gold ring that was lost, but wouldn't tell me where; despite a multi-year relationship. So why tell me in the first place? Does that not hurt my feelings?

I think it is definitely a mixture of feelings - foremost is trust - my example - a woman not so long ago said Hi on the beach, she was with a friend and just out strolling. She said she had lost a chunky 18ct ring, extremely sentimental - on a beach called "7 Mile" - said she knew exactly where she lost it as she saw it drop - I offered to go straight there with them or could arrange her to meet me at 7 mile some other time as it is only close by and I'd be stoked to find it for her. She declined and her parting words were - you know you'll never find it, the beach is 7 miles long!
I reckon they think we'll pocket it - so maybe that ring will stay lost - or maybe it will show up in a scoop one day (hopefully mine) - when they discard the chance to find it, I say it is TREASURE.

WOW! You must look untrustworthy...LOL! I am on the other end of the spectrum. People are forever telling me exactly where they think they lost their rings, and more times than not they are wrong about location. Sometimes I find them , sometimes not. Frustrating when I do not find the lost item, but great feeling when I do. Sorry you have run into so many people that do not trust you. They must be from large cities where they trust no one.

WOW! You must look untrustworthy...LOL! I am on the other end of the spectrum. People are forever telling me exactly where they think they lost their rings, and more times than not they are wrong about location. Sometimes I find them , sometimes not. Frustrating when I do not find the lost item, but great feeling when I do. Sorry you have run into so many people that do not trust you. They must be from large cities where they trust no one.

for my part - never thought of it that way - maybe I have shifty eyes, but I doubt Casp and I look the same - and to equal it out I have met cases where people were glad to have me help out - including a guy who waded into a river to ask me to look for a chain - I did not find it but found a diamond ring in that search :) - so don't judge a book by it's cover I guess, especially when page three may contain getting your precious back!

How many lost rings/items do you know about/been told about ?
For me im sure: The gold jewerly in shop = The gold jewerly on beaches. believe it or not:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

If you look at my photo album here
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums.html
I have one with ring returns
just a small sample of returns I have made
I have shown people magazine articles too - showing that I made returns
still they just dont trust - price of gold has alot to do with it i think too in some cases
FIRST OFFICIAL ARTICLE - SOUTH BEACH RETURN MAY/JUNE 2008 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

bottom of this pge
Flickr: Casper-2's Photostream

and another one of my articles on returns
SEPT/OCT 2009 ARTICLE ON MAKING RETURNS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I would show them one of these articles to show that I make returns - still they either dont trust or dont care
I have never taken a dime for helping some one find a lost item or help in other way with my machine
Im registered with a few police stations in my area and have helped police too

Chicago Ron is a fireman - so they already trust him and he has been asked and has come thru on many returns

Don, I get called out many times for lost rings and have been featured in Western & Eastern Mag for large returns a couple of times. I carry the articles with me in a presentation book, along with a couple of "thank you" letters to show them, I do return what I find. However some of those people, while I am search for their lost item, will stand over me almost as if I had stole it. I finally bought an ace 250 to have them search the dry sand where they were when they last saw the item. One guy even found his own ring under his towel when he 'knew" he lost it in the water.

yes, i was/am surprised by this! they come up and say they lost it and then decline when i offer to go find it!!!!!! and yes its quite often!

I have been asked to look for lost rings lots of times and every now and then they will stand over me and watch every move.

Well, I doubt that since I've found many rings for folks. I think it's the other side, when they look at other people, it's like a mirror. They see reflections of themselves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back