How many people use a pinpointer?

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
I am just getting back into hunting but I do recall having a hard time sometimes finding the target. I know this willcome easier the more i use the md but how much will a pinpointer help? How much time will it save me in the long run? Also any suggestions on a good affordable pinpointer?

Thanks a bunch....

-K

I use one,and I would not hunt with out it It makes it a whole lot eaiser to find the target. I have 2 of them the Sunway probe and the bullseye from Whites

Pin-pointer's are VERY useful, especially when your target is small (post earring size) and located in a pile of wet mud on your drop-cloth or still in the hole. I currently use a Vibra-probe but am planning up-grade to a Sunray this season.

I love my Bullseye!! I don't think I would leave home without it!!

I dont leave home without a pinpointer. I am able to get more hunt time in if I spend less time searching through a dirt pile.

As far as which one, I used to like the White's Bullseye, but the Bullseye II is a piece of trash. Three months after I bought it the button became difficult to depress. I finally had the whole unit replaced by Whites, and 3 months later I had the exact same problem. The dealer told me that the new button type of switch used on the Bullseye II has been a problem for Whites.

I now use the Vibraprobe 560 (there is a newer model out now). It is totally submersable and has no switch to wear out.

I use the Detectorpro's Pocket UniProbe, picked it up used and it is fantastic. It will pick up a target 2-5 inches away. Combined with the EZ-Dig-R you can work a coin out of a tiny surface hole no bigger then 7/8 to 1 1/4 inches wide.

_____ _________Surface
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/_0______\

detectorpropocketuniprobe.jpg

ezdigrII.jpg

I use a Fisher F75. It's a good asset when trying to locate an elusive dime while coin hunting or especially when relic hunting to locate very small targets. I have used a White's Bullseye 120MM in the past with no problems from it. However, a thief assumed ownership of it and some more equipment and it was gone. You can usually find an F75 used in the 30-40 dollar range.

I think you mean the Fisher "F-Point".

I'll buy as many $950 F-75's for $30 or $40 used that you can find. ;-)

I stand corrected..Thanks

I have the Sunray X1, Whites Bullseye II, and Vibraprobe 560. I currently use the Sunray and Bullseye in conjunction when I detect. The Sunray lets me know if the object is out or in the hole but the Bullseye will give me an exact location of the coin. I like the Vibraprobe but the Bulleye will fit into my tool pouch and is easier to access when needed. I would want to hunt without a pinpointer.

I too plan on getting a sunray ( I think thats one one I have bookmarked) but first, I want to find more goodies, sell more of my jewelry and hopefully sell some of my hand weaved items as well ( just got my looms stand in the mail today which will make my weaving a whole lot easier) so once I start making some moola I am gonna treat ma sorry ole self to a good prober.. I do have the whites bullseye, but it goes haywire on me at times.. I stick it down my boot so I dont have to carry it ... and knife in the other boot... GI BOOTY JOE BAY rides again...lol.. alls I need is camo clothing and I am good to go lmao

I have two Bullseye pointers. My husband liked the one that came in my (MXT) package he went and bought another one.
We haven't had any problems with either machine so far.

Pepper

I've found a pinpointer to be indispensable when detecting! It speeds up your item recovery time and usually minimizes the mess you make when digging something up. And if the item is less than two inches from the surface you can usually find it without even digging at all. There are some very expensive models out there, and when I retire I'm probably going to get one.
Right now, since TH'ing is just a hobby, I have a couple inexpensive ones that work well.

The <a href="http://www.buyzillion.com/B000MVBWVS/Wizard+Vib+Probe+Size+24.html">$27 WIZARD Vib Probe</a><p>

The <a href="http://www.tinytec-probes.com/pagesales.html">$40 Tiny Tech Deluxe</a>

Good hunting!!!!! -Sgt Jim

I've got one I need to send of and have serviced. It work part of the time. When it is working it can be a time saver.

Go Get 'Em Bro

KirkTN

I got a White's Bullseye II with the MXT package.It worked fine for about 6 month's then there was the infamous "button problem",personally I think it's a piece of crap.Upgrading to a sunray asap!

I use a pinpointer and love it. I had a Bullseye II and the button stopped working so I purchased another one and that one stopped working. I have since switched to the Sunray DX-1 which works great. I've sent both Bullseye IIs back to White's and they have replaced them so I have them as backups.

I usually only use the pinpointer on targets that I think are older. I have not scratched a find since I started using a pinpointer.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

NJ

I have the Automax V-4. Got it new for $40 from Kellyco with purchase of Ace 250. Kellyco offers it free with MD purchase of $299 or more. I like it. I need it. Dont like the slide switch.

Attachments

• automax_offer.gif
    automax_offer.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 71

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back