How many Vietnam Vets Still on this site?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Received from a friend:
Arlington Flyover

Two Air Force Pilots, Major Howard V. Andre Jr. and Major James E. Sizemore, were recently buried at Arlington National Cemetery and were honored with a flyover by civilian pilots. The Air Force pilots were Killed In Action over Laos during the Vietnam War and their remains were only recently discovered and returned for proper burial at Arlington. This Flight of Honor was truly awesome for the other pilots to plan and conduct it.

It's a shame that someone that gives their life can't get a flyover but the White house can congratulate dopers and gays when something happens to them. The president orders all flags to half mast for Whitney Houston when she overdosed.

Please take a couple minutes and watch this video from a local news outlet in the Orlando area. I didn't see it on any of the major news programs, but I thought you would like to see it. God bless those who did the flyover and God rest the souls of the two pilots lost so long ago!

What a great thing those heroic Airmen did! I also understand that they covered all the cost including a large amount for the fuel.

www.youtube.com/embed/G7TZqJMQWeU?feature=player_embedded
Don..... (USAF '63-69)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USAF 1967-1971, never on the ground in Nam, just in the skies. B-52 Arclight flights. I salute you all......

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
USAF 1967-1971, never on the ground in Nam, just in the skies. B-52 Arclight flights. I salute you all......

Just saw this.

I was on the Dennis J. Buckley DD808. Arclight support. You guy's used to take one end of the beach, start it on fire, and then I'd watch it start rolling along the beach to the other end. Not much survived. But what did, we had the 5" 38 to finish it.

Oh man- such a long time ago.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my fellow Viet Nam Era Vets, especially any Seabees out there!

Attachments

• BirthdayBee.jpg
    BirthdayBee.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 106

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread