How much different is the DFX from the XLT; pervious XLT owners help!

D

dubby90

I was thinking of getting a new detector. Have always had Whites. I've got an XLT thats about 3 years old. I want to upgrade to the DFX but is spending $1000+ going to make enough of a difference from my XLT?? I don't know what to do. Should I try for another brand? Teroso maybe. I saw a Teroso pull a 3" whole artillery shell out of a hunted out area at 1.5'-2'. Any and all suggestion would be great!! Does anyone know it Whites is coming out with a new detector any time soon??? Make this purchase count for me!! Thanks again :)

D

diggerbruce

dubby90 said:
I was thinking of getting a new detector. Have always had Whites. I've got an XLT thats about 3 years old. I want to upgrade to the DFX but is spending $1000+ going to make enough of a difference from my XLT?? I don't know what to do. Should I try for another brand? Teroso maybe. I saw a Teroso pull a 3" whole artillery shell out of a hunted out area at 1.5'-2'. Any and all suggestion would be great!! Does anyone know it Whites is coming out with a new detector any time soon??? Make this purchase count for me!! Thanks again :)

Having used XLT for several years, I upgraded a couple of year ago. I was hesitant to spend the bucks, but glad I did. I get better depth and the DFX will let you disc better in trashy and highly mineralized soil.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sound like you are relic hunting... if so think about the minelab sov GT. I have the DFX its a great machine. It has dual freq, better filering system, and Mixed mode ability. There is no comparison on the beach, the DFX is hands down in wet sand because of its salt elimination and GEB. That said the DFX doesnt like EMI... but because of dual freq can eliminate it. In parks or relic hunting the depth and ability is very simular depending on the user.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread