Sep 22, 2005
Upvote 4

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola

My first detector was a yard sale find, many years ago. It was a Radio Shack cheapy. I've had one around forever. Got into it seriously about 1994. In the second generation now, my daughter, Ashley, is 9 and a great treasure hunter.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
An even 50 here......and have only been doing this for about 4 years. Sure wish I would have started at your age instead of chasing women and indulging in alcohol.......might have found my fortune by now.....lol.......gregd573

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
35 here. Been detecting for about 5 years now. Started with 1 land machine (in case I didn't like it) and now I have a land a water machine. I love not knowing what is buried beneath my feet.

jblank37

May 13, 2006
68, have been detecting since the late 60's. Started with home made detector, which I still have and still works. Went from that to a Heathkit. I then went to a White's Coinmaster IV, then a White's 66 T, then to a Garrett Ground Hog which I have stuck with until recently purchasing a White's DFX. I really love this hobby.

Friend's, John

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALLO Joetoffton, we may have met. I was born on Oct 3, 1823. I was with Teddy at San Juan hill in Cuba in the 1890's, were you there also?

First detector, a Gardner, still very advanced even for these days - should be, it cost $900 US then.

In those days Padre island was open and free, no-one around, no pull tabs.

We EVEN had GOOD music, not this caterwailing and screeching of today. The junk that Deker & Doc love. snicker

Tropical Tramp

KinjoVT

Jun 7, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Prizim IV, BHID, GTAX 400, GTA 350, and a few others
26 only a year and a half into detecting. Not too much experience. Read all I can though. I use a Whites Prizm V for land detecting.

S

skydiv

59 here and can't get to 62 fast enough. work gets in the way of md.

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
52. Been detecting since 1964. Retired 4 years ago, battled leukemia, and now I'm better, go out just about every day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread