What's new

How Old is this Buckle?

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
2,910
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This buckle came from where an old house was located that was torn down in the 1960s but there are old (late 1800s) relics there too. The finish looks like it was plated. Any idea how old it is? I'm thinking 1940s era but don't know for sure. Thanks, Quindy.
 

Attachments

  • Buckle Age.webp
    Buckle Age.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 728
It looks like it was Japanned, which I think was fashionable in the 1920's and early 30's.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
It looks like it was Japanned, which I think was fashionable in the 1920's and early 30's.
Thanks Rob. HH and thanks for all your help this year, Quindy.
 
Upvote 0
Q, flip it over and see if you find a tiny anchor. :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
VOL1266-X said:
Breezie said:
Q, flip it over and see if you find a tiny anchor. :thumbsup: Breezie
No anchor trhat I can see Breezie?? HH, Q.

Q, I've found 2 similar buckles that were japanned with an iron tongue, and both of them had a tiny anchor on the back. If my memory serves me correct, I think the company is North & Judd. I'll try to find a pic because with the remodeling going on, I know I can't find the buckles. :wink: Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom