What's new

How Old is this Button?

Joe G from Md

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
618
Reaction score
1,637
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this button under floor in old house in Berkley Springs, W.Va. Was replacing floors. How old do you think it is. Looks like impressed letters on front show thru. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 030.webp
    030.webp
    423.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 031.webp
    031.webp
    519.9 KB · Views: 90
I wish I could read fancy script lettering. As it is I have enough trouble with the printed word! Is the button that thin? I am sure one of the button guys here can tell the age by the way the shank was attached.
 
Upvote 0
Well .. IF anything from Ebay is believable, then your button is:
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.21.03 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.21.03 PM.webp
    170.9 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
I can't find that button in either Albert's or Tice's book. Maybe Mr. Troiani could verify its authenticity.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom