Don in SJ
Silver Member
- Joined
- May 20, 2005
- Messages
- 4,938
- Reaction score
- 859
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- MINELAB SE Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Just out of curiosity, I was trying to find the age of this piece of ceramic I picked up today at a site that I got my Civil War era Martingale at a few years back. It says Royal China Surgess & Co. It does not appear to be related to Royal China that is a big collectible name, since I found no reference to Surgess & Co in any of my research.........
Correctiion: It HAS to be Burgess & Co.
Don
Correctiion: It HAS to be Burgess & Co.
Don
However, the ink could be smeared a tad and a S and a B can be hard to tell the difference, if there is a Burgess China company that had that logo, that it surely is a B. 






