What's new

How safe do you believe we are?

WindHarvester said:
We have two freight shipping containers buried in our backyard so We are as snug as a bug in a rug. :wink:

Make sure your name and address arn't anywhere in those containers, because in 300 years time when some poor sod of a detectorist spends days digging them up...your decendants will suffer for it!!! :laughing9:
 
hypoman said:
I am always paranoid when out in public. I have what is called "hyper-sensitive situational awareness", brought upon by some things that have happen to me. When in a building I seat myself at the most optimal place for fight or flight reasons. The only place I feel that there something bad won't happen is in my home with my wife, all my kids, and my sister(who lives with us), and the two dogs guarding the side and back doors. Especially with gang violence rising in what used to be hicktown, I feel like this hyper-awareness is a good thing........then it is also a curse.

:laughing9: Paranoia in moderation I always say...seriously, it's a good thing.
 
BandB1 said:
The only thing that bothers me is how we have a country full of pansies who are constantly peeing their panties over the slightest thing. Show a little spine and have a little faith.

Before we were even a country towns, cities and citizens up and down the east coast were subject to attacks and death constantly, and that doesn't even take into account the French and Indian War.

Citizens, travelers and cities west of the Mississippi were either under attack from indians or under the threat of attack for over a 100 years.

234 years ago, 1776, we were in the middle of the American Revolution to see if we would even be a country.
199 years ago, 1812, we were in the middle of a war and cities on the east coast were occupied by a foreign country.
148 years ago 1862, country was being torn apart as we were in the middle of a civil war.
81 years ago, 1929, we start of the "Great Depression"....
68 years ago, 1942, we were in the middle of a World War, and our victory was in doubt.
58 years ago 1952, we were in the middle of the Korean War....
48 years ago, 1962, we were at the very brink of WW-III and a nuclear Holocaus with the Cuban Missile Crisis.
43 years ago, 1967, we were in the middle of Viet Nam war and hundreds of American soldiers were wounded and dying weekly.
Numerious times since 1962 we have been very, very close to WWIII as USSR and U.S. push each other, although the American people never knew it....

Yes we live in dangerous time, but we have lived in and through a lot worst times.................
 
I dunno, I think this whole George Orwell thing's come to fruition.
 
WindHarvester said:
We have two freight shipping containers buried in our backyard so We are as snug as a bug in a rug. :wink:

You buried two seatrains for food and shelter? Tell us a little about it. I was looking into making a root cellar a couple years back but this sounds even better.
 
dirt doctor said:
hypoman said:
I am always paranoid when out in public. I have what is called "hyper-sensitive situational awareness", brought upon by some things that have happen to me. When in a building I seat myself at the most optimal place for fight or flight reasons. The only place I feel that there something bad won't happen is in my home with my wife, all my kids, and my sister(who lives with us), and the two dogs guarding the side and back doors. Especially with gang violence rising in what used to be hicktown, I feel like this hyper-awareness is a good thing........then it is also a curse.


I feel for you Bro' , the gang thing is really escalating in the town I live in also .Six youths got shot (three died) recently in a drive by .The City Government is going to increase the size of the Police Gang task force . Break-ins are on the rise along with home invasions .We have dogs and so do some of our neighbors so we are cool in that respect. Also have a few back up measures if need be .

Yeah, 2 weeks ago a 19 yr old stabbed a 15 year old to death and there were at least 20 adults 25 and older present........I hope they all get hit with accessory to murder charge........morons. But like somebody else said, if American society grew a pair and stood up to this kinda crap it would be so prolific.
 
Safe? Safe from what? Criminals. Economic colapse? Attack by terrorists? Nuclear attack? The flu? Could you be a little more specific?

I believe in being prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

Ray S ECenFL
 
I Know I'm safe enough to Live out My Natural Life

Barring an accident of Course.

Anyone can get hit by a Toilet
falling out of an airliner at any Moment. :thumbsup:
 
jeff of pa said:
I Know I'm safe enough to Live out My Natural Life

Barring an accident of Course.

Anyone can get hit by a Toilet
falling out of an airliner at any Moment. :thumbsup:

Jeff, just be sure your not sitting on it when it falls out..............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom