What's new

How safe do you believe we are?

onfire

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
1,336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a story ,but before I post I'd like to hear what others think.


[mod] Make sure this doesn't turn into a "politics" thread or it will have to be moved [/mod]
 
I will bite, I believe we have elected government that has weakened America to nearly the point that it can be the target of a hostile takeover, not much is left. I watched some super brains on discovery blabbing how America is using natural resources to the point of an Easter Island scenario. What morons, the truth is they and government are missing the elephant, WE are the only country that despises ourselves and our resources so we will no longer access our resources, We are nearly ripe enough, the other countries don't have our guilt problems apparently.

Just My Opinion because you asked.
 
You're quite safe, just don't walk into traffic or go sky diving without a parachute.
 
I am always paranoid when out in public. I have what is called "hyper-sensitive situational awareness", brought upon by some things that have happen to me. When in a building I seat myself at the most optimal place for fight or flight reasons. The only place I feel that there something bad won't happen is in my home with my wife, all my kids, and my sister(who lives with us), and the two dogs guarding the side and back doors. Especially with gang violence rising in what used to be hicktown, I feel like this hyper-awareness is a good thing........then it is also a curse.
 
hypoman said:
I am always paranoid when out in public. I have what is called "hyper-sensitive situational awareness", brought upon by some things that have happen to me. When in a building I seat myself at the most optimal place for fight or flight reasons. The only place I feel that there something bad won't happen is in my home with my wife, all my kids, and my sister(who lives with us), and the two dogs guarding the side and back doors. Especially with gang violence rising in what used to be hicktown, I feel like this hyper-awareness is a good thing........then it is also a curse.


I feel for you Bro' , the gang thing is really escalating in the town I live in also .Six youths got shot (three died) recently in a drive by .The City Government is going to increase the size of the Police Gang task force . Break-ins are on the rise along with home invasions .We have dogs and so do some of our neighbors so we are cool in that respect. Also have a few back up measures if need be .
 
...But...on the gun threads they say that nobody gets shot in America.There are no break ins or home invasions because everyone has guns.
How can this be happening??? :o
:wink:
 
Dano Sverige said:
...But...on the gun threads they say that nobody gets shot in America.There are no break ins or home invasions because everyone has guns.
How can this be happening??? :o
:wink:



Good point Dano :thumbsup:
 
Mom use to call me here little angel.
My sister use to call me devil child.
So I figure it's a toss up. :laughing7:
 
Dano Sverige said:
...But...on the gun threads they say that nobody gets shot in America.There are no break ins or home invasions because everyone has guns.
How can this be happening??? :o
:wink:
Put down the doobie and step away from the keyboard :tongue3: ---- JK

The sad fact is that once guns came into existence, criminals began procuring them. You can't take them away from the criminals. How do I know that? A large portion of all weapons arrests are persons who are legally forbidden to have them. In the U.S., felons cannot own guns, and yet the majority of illegal weapons are found in the possession of felons.

Since criminals don't obey the law, disarming law abiding citizens doesn't reduce gun crimes, it increases them because the criminal element has nothing to fear. Since they don't obey the law, they will procure the illegal weapons necessary to carry out their illegal activities.

What is so hard to understand? Basically, we would be brought down to your level and no longer be "the shining city upon a hill" that Ronald Reagan spoke of. The lights are pretty dim now as we have begun sinking into the mire of the European ingrates we saved in WWII who had pretty much disarmed their citizenry which made Hitler's rise to power so easy. You know, he also disarmed the public while expanding the country's military . . . because good people don't need guns. They might use them responsibly.
 
shaun7 said:
Dano Sverige said:
...But...on the gun threads they say that nobody gets shot in America.There are no break ins or home invasions because everyone has guns.
How can this be happening??? :o
:wink:



Good point Dano :thumbsup:


Weird, I saw that thread and it said no such thing, I guess we see why some people can't understand logic, they can't see it!
 
I think simple logic and observation presents us with the fact that we (the U.S.) can't sustain the "fat-cat" style of living and growth that this country has enjoyed over the past century. Sure, we're going to see a noticeable decline in the nation's standard of living, but it's simply a natural course that has to take place. History shows us that every empire before us experienced the same declines, only fools would believe that it won't it happen here. What is important is how that decline is handled. If it's accepted and dealt with accordingly it will be tough but we should be ok. If, on the other hand, it's not accepted and we continue to deny the obvious then it will only serve to fuel a harder and steeper decline. That's my take on things anyway. :dontknow:
 
I am always paranoid when out in public. I have what is called "hyper-sensitive situational awareness", brought upon by some things that have happen to me. When in a building I seat myself at the most optimal place for fight or flight reasons. The only place I feel that there something bad won't happen is in my home with my wife, all my kids, and my sister(who lives with us), and the two dogs guarding the side and back doors. Especially with gang violence rising in what used to be hicktown, I feel like this hyper-awareness is a good thing........then it is also a curse.

I wouldnt call it paranoia, i would call it being smart. Seems to me its better to be ready for something that doesnt happen than to be ill prepared and not ready for something that does happen.Gear up boys and girls,not later but now.You may not have time later.If the SHTF at some point here in this country, if youre not ready you wont have a later.
 
I'm too lazy to type today; so ditto on what Bigscoop had to say :thumbsup:
 
We have two freight shipping containers buried in our backyard so We are as snug as a bug in a rug. :wink:
 
Dano Sverige said:
...But...on the gun threads they say that nobody gets shot in America.There are no break ins or home invasions because everyone has guns.
How can this be happening??? :o
:wink:

No one ever said there is no breakins or home invasions, what we said is if they come in the homes of armed homeowners they may be in for a surprise. Home owners that are armed have the option to protect theirselves with deadly force, those with out guns do not have that option. I keep a S&W 9 MM loaded and at my bedside in a hidden compartment. I would not hesitate to shoot at anyone breaking into my home, in Florida deadly force is legal if you feel your life is threatened, someone comes in my home uninvited I feel my life and my wife's life is "threatened" and I will fire, and it will not be up in the air........
 
It used to be big muscles that made a person tough, now for many it seems to be big guns that they think make them tough.

It's a tangled up pi$$ing contest with no real winners in the end.
 
The only thing that bothers me is how we have a country full of pansies who are constantly peeing their panties over the slightest thing. Show a little spine and have a little faith.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom