How to Make a Homemade Distillery

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Having filled propane tanks for a living and having them arrive with relief valves tripped and blowing a cloud of propane when valve opened to fill, I protest the use or storage of tanks in enclosed areas when noticed.. Run a line /hose under door or through wall (away from exit) instead. Check applicable laws as distilling not legal many places. Laws apply to reducing volume by other methods,freezing for example, in many places also. Distilling in the liqueur industry is a type of reduction of a beer or wine.( Example,brandy is distilled wine).Much of whats bottled using alcohol as a base is similar but for flavors.Cheap vodka vs expensive? little difference. Add a couple ounces of cherry liquor to a fifth of whiskey and shake it to mix and your in the same business. (well,not legally so don,t ever sell any .) The brewing of those items best done with a strict attention to sanitation of all equipment. Vapor/air lock used during fermenting should be filled with vodka or a dissolved campden tablet in water to avoid the scourge of brewing the fruit/vinegar fly, even should one get in it should not be able to spoil. That said ,if you can brew your own wine you can also make vinegar.

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife's family still has in their procession the stove top still that was used to make grappe.....190 proof dynamite! Being Italian this was one of their primary food groups....and I can attest that a shot in your morning coffee does get the heart started.....Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread