What's new

How vulnerable are you

The moral is, scared gets you killed, while alert saves your ass.

Frankn, said it well………..and also be prepared………you will never regret taking a weapon with you.
 
I always hunt by myself, but I look at where people are at when I get there. I don't live in the nicest of areas. My husband gets nervous for me. But I only was worried once. I seen a man and woman looking at me. Then the woman started coming my way she tried to get behind me. But I just kept turning with her to make sure she stayed in front of me. And held my digger like I was ready to use it. (which I was) she decided to go back to her boyfriend. I am not a target.

You should carry a pistol and know how to use it.
 
The moral is, scared gets you killed, while alert saves your ass.

But stupidity and cockiness will get you killed faster than a bolt out the blue hitting the ground.
 
I'm just about to get a new detector and get back into it. I MDed all of the '90s, and quit in 2001. Now I got the fever, and coming back in a major way. That said, I never felt comfortable detecting in an area where I had to watch my back. In those times that I did, well, safety in numbers, right? I always took a buddy.

The past 15 years have seen some changes here in NH. We got mountain lions now, not to mention the Eastern strain of coyote, which are the only coyotes to have wolf DNA and hunt in packs. I carry my Ruger Alaskan in the woods, and my Glock 19 concealed everywhere else.

My best advice is to not hunt in sketchy spots unless you got a buddy. Never river/water-hunt without a buddy or at least stay around other bathers. And last but not least - DO NOT be deterred! Swing away!
 
A CA ranger told me the striking distance of a rattler is about 2/3rds its length. Now, let me see.... will you please stretch out next to my yardstick, please? CA's official rule is they can be harvested with any means and in any numbers you wish! TTC
 
​Call it what you want …. …But it is still what it is ,,,

​AFRAID … " AFRAID .. " SCARED " SCARED "
 
Keppy, I have conceal weapons license, I carry a .45 or 9MM, sometimes both 95% of the time, I'm not scared, it is just insurance to be prepared just like my life, home, car and health insurance, I don't carry the insurance because I am scared I carry them to be prepared...
 
It all depends. I was (in my younger years) a walking danger zone. I was a natural boxer, and trained in martial arts, to keep in shape and stay flexible. For a big guy I was quick...and have tried to stay on top of my game. But... as they say, be prepared. I carry a knife, and A concealed weapon. Better safe then sorry. There are a lot more a-holes now days that have little or no regard for human life. I blame Drugs..lack of proper role models..failing school systems. I'am one of those "people" that, if I see A wife/girlfriend being smacked...I WILL say...if not do.. something!
 
Keppy, I have conceal weapons license, I carry a .45 or 9MM, sometimes both 95% of the time, I'm not scared, it is just insurance to be prepared just like my life, home, car and health insurance, I don't carry the insurance because I am scared I carry them to be prepared...
TH.. I know i am just trying to keep the thread going .. And see what kind of answers i will get .. You should know by now how at times i get carried away .. Sorry ..TH.. So i will slow it down some ...
 
TH.. I know i am just trying to keep the thread going .. And see what kind of answers i will get .. You should know by now how at times i get carried away .. Sorry ..TH.. So i will slow it down some ...

Keppy you certainly do not owe me an apology...
 
It all depends. I was (in my younger years) a walking danger zone. I was a natural boxer, and trained in martial arts, to keep in shape and stay flexible. For a big guy I was quick...and have tried to stay on top of my game. But... as they say, be prepared. I carry a knife, and A concealed weapon. Better safe then sorry. There are a lot more a-holes now days that have little or no regard for human life. I blame Drugs..lack of proper role models..failing school systems. I'am one of those "people" that, if I see A wife/girlfriend being smacked...I WILL say...if not do.. something![/QUOTE]

I was/am exactly the same way... Watched a guy slap a girl at a party once years ago. Told him the next time I see that there's going to be a problem. Sure enough.... 1hr. later I watched him by the river slap her again and down she went. I put my beer down, walked outside toward the river, he saw me coming and just stood there like we were going to discuss something. When I go into range I let go with a roundhouse left that landed hard on his jaw and broke my hand (thumb) instantly but down he went. Thank God a bunch of my friends were following me. AND THE GIRL WAS PISSED AT ME for the damage to his face. Go figure!!!!
 
Yeah, Limitool, that's the way some women are. I had an aunt the kept getting beaten by her hubby. He beat her pretty badly one evening late and left her at home by herself. When she was able, she went to her brother's house because there wasn't anyone else that she knew. Her brother's wife was taking care of her cuts and bruises. The brother drove a wrecker; told them that he had a 'call'. He went to the sister's house, knocked on the door, and got no answer. The house was dark. He drove the wrecker around the corner and into an alley, parked, and walked back to the sister's house. He stood behind the front when he heard someone walking on the porch. When brother-in-law stepped into the house, the brother hit him in the head with a steel bar, and left him for 'dead'. He drove the wrecker back to his house and just walked away. He stopped and called his wife telling her where would be hidden out in the desert. When she found out about the brother-in-law, she should come get him so he could go home or she should pack some clothes and money for him; and bring it to him. She picked him up the next day after finding out the brother-in-law was 'going to live' and didn't know what happened because he was so drunk when he got hit! When the sister found out what had actually happened, she wouldn't even speak to her brother for several years because he had hit her husband.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom