What's new

How would you feel if somone was using your Avatar?

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
610
Golden Thread
1
Location
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a new member on here who will not respond to my requests that they change their avatar because it is the
avatar I have been using for about 5 yrs now. The mods tell me there is nothing they can do. My question is would it bother you as much as this bothers me?
I consider my avatar as part of my being on here, and feel that this should be something they should also prevent a user from using if someone else is already using it.
It's kind of like someone coming in and stealing a business logo (to me).
What do you think?
I just think it's really a low thing to do and not even to respond after requests and PM.s
 
If it aint a canned avatar, I would seriously be hitting the Valium vial. That is just wrong. Mods????
 
Who is the member that is using it? Why not tell the board?
WTF, if the mods will not give you any help......................
2003 is a lot of years, sorry.

have a good un............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS
 
Avitar wouldn't bother me, there is or was someone using my name, spelled with out the underscore that joined after I did, that bother me some what, only because I didnt want someone thinking they were reaching me when they were not...

If you want an avitar no one can use, design your own and copyright it....
 
Id Be Pi$$ed @ff My Avatar Is A Personal Find!!! I Know How You Feel If Some one Used Mine With Out Permission Or Asking I Would Be Hunting them Down!!! Chug
 
Avitar wouldn't bother me, there is or was someone using my name, spelled with out the underscore that joined after I did, that bother me some what, only because I didnt want someone thinking they were reaching me when they were not...

If you want an avitar no one can use, design your own and copyright it....

This is correct. Unfortunately, if someone wants to use your avatar, they will. No matter what. Even if it's copyrighted. Valium please.
 
I'd be annoyed :unhappysmiley:
 
There is a new member on here who will not respond to my requests that they change their avatar because it is the
avatar I have been using for about 5 yrs now. The mods tell me there is nothing they can do. My question is would it bother you as much as this bothers me?
I consider my avatar as part of my being on here, and feel that this should be something they should also prevent a user from using if someone else is already using it.
It's kind of like someone coming in and stealing a business logo (to me).
What do you think?
I just think it's really a low thing to do and not even to respond after requests and PM.s

The greatest compliment someone can pay you is to impersonate you. :happysmiley:

I would add his screen name to your signature with "I'm not" in front of it. Maybe that will stir up a response. :happysmiley:
 
There is a new member on here who will not respond to my requests that they change their avatar because it is the
avatar I have been using for about 5 yrs now. The mods tell me there is nothing they can do. My question is would it bother you as much as this bothers me?
I consider my avatar as part of my being on here, and feel that this should be something they should also prevent a user from using if someone else is already using it.
It's kind of like someone coming in and stealing a business logo (to me).
What do you think?
I just think it's really a low thing to do and not even to respond after requests and PM.s

The greatest compliment someone can pay you is to impersonate you. :happysmiley:

I would add his screen name to your signature with "I'm not" in front of it. Maybe that will stir up a response. :happysmiley:


Love it Chug
 
Just plain wrong. It should be common courtesy. YOU used it first, it should be up to THEM to change.
 
The administrator's need to set up some rules that if you use your own avatar, and not a generic one, you should not be infringed upon. Those that go out of the way to post their own unique avatar must not duplicated by anyone else!!!
 
Good grief, it's just a picture... Get another one if it upsets you that much

Now, let's put the shoe on the other foot. What if one of the 32,661 members also has that same avatar and has been here longer than you? Are you going to change yours???

I'd be more upset with a situation like Treasure_Hunter's with the actual name. Then again, I think I could care less about that too, they would change their ID fast once they started getting flack from my no-so much fan club. :laughing7:

Yours is a nice avatar too, I might start using it tomorrow :laughing9:
 
I think we all "agreed" during our T-Net enrollment that all content submitted to the website (including the Forum) becomes the property of T-Net. I think this would include our avatars. If you don't want to donate original images/writings to T-Net, then don't publish them on the website. Bottom line? If the owners of T-Net don't have a problem with others using your original avatar, you are S-O-L. Don't like that? Then don't share your stuff!
 
Good grief, it's just a picture... Get another one if it upsets you that much

Now, let's put the shoe on the other foot. What if one of the 32,661 members also has that same avatar and has been here longer than you? Are you going to change yours???

I'd be more upset with a situation like Treasure_Hunter's with the actual name. Then again, I think I could care less about that too, they would change their ID fast once they started getting flack from my no-so much fan club. :laughing7:

Yours is a nice avatar too, I might start using it tomorrow :laughing9:

I'd be slightly annoyed... I once made this... shadow.webp And someone copied it...

Then I'll see my name being used by someone else and that annoys me even more... I' ve been using. chukers for 10 years or so.

So keep after him if it's yours no one should get to use it without permission... Especially if you created it.

Chukers
 
Last edited:
It looks good on you gleaner, but just go with the real thing..... Besides, I won't need that avatar after tomorrow along with my new nick of Chuckers

No one will recognize me :laughing9:
 
Last edited:
It looks good on you gleaner, but just go with the real thing..... Besides, I won't need that avatar after tomorrow along with my new nick of Chuckers

No one will recognize me :laughing9:

Oh I gotta see that!
 
I see your point and I know you believe your avatar represents you but it doesnt. Your name does. You kind of have a plain avatar mine isnt any better.
 
I have to echo what bluehunter said. A picture is a picture, but your username is "yours"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom