What's new

How would you feel if somone was using your Avatar?

Hi iron Patch,
Mainly I just asked this question to judge if I was over reacting. I'd say looking at the posts it appears to be about a 50/50 split.
I was hoping they had a function on this new site that would allow you to create a yes/no survey (just for fun).
 
Depends id it a find of yours then be mad, did you create your like I did? I would be mad also. If you found yours on Google then dont be mad.

If you made the Avatar I could see your gripe.
But if you just downloaded it then I would say your out of luck because than any body can use it.

I think it's pretty simple... If you created it and there's no such other image people should respect that, but if it's just something you found online that's cool than you have no right to complain.


I agree! I would not be happy if someone stole my avatar because even though you can download it, it is a picture of a medal I won. It is on google, because my school website has it.
 
Well, the mods agree with most of you, they can't protect an image, but they can keep others from using your exact name.
You say it's just a picture, but I disagree. I can use ANY picture, but this is a picture that I identify myself to others on here with.
I think you might think differently if it had been yours for 5 yrs or more and someone comes along and copies it and uses it.
But... I could be wrong. I can understand there are those who would disagree and say it is just a picture, but it is much more than that to me.
The name goes with the avatar. It that simple.
If you want to know who it is, go to "New Member Introductions" and look about 2-3 pages back for MY avatar with another persons name.

I have a facebook page with the name of Coin Shooting Coin Shooting | Facebook I don’t know why I didn’t use your name here… I guess I am so used to signing up as Chukers… My profile picture on this facebook page is a way more appropriate avatar picture for your avatar… It would be an honor if you wanted to use it.

Coin Shooting.webp

or

CS2.webp

Chukers
 
Last edited:
Thanks Chukers,
I have another one, but whose to say it won't get taken too.
In the meantime, I think I made my point.
 
I'm trying to change mine at least once a week.
While I'm trying to figure out this new site layout, and my new computer with Windows &
Carl
By the way, what do the different colored (yellow and blue) boxes mean?
 


Coinshooter: I had to laugh a bit when I saw your post because about 1 minute before I had just seen one of your posts and thought, "Damn, I wish I had that avatar!" It's beautiful. But I chose to covet it; I would never consider stealing yours, no matter how perfect I thought it would be.
In a nutshell: I think it's a form of stealing (albeit minor); especially if he/she has been made aware of it - and refuses to find an avatar to call his/her own. But, I also wouldn't let it be more than a tiny annoyance. I know the folks on TN by their name - and their words - far before I connect a specific avatar to them.

​
 
I'm trying to change mine at least once a week.
While I'm trying to figure out this new site layout, and my new computer with Windows &
Carl
By the way, what do the different colored (yellow and blue) boxes mean?

I am assuming you mean theses...

flags.webp
 
Well,
found another guy with the same avatar.
I give up. I will probably not change it, but it still bums me out.
The other guy was nice enough to change his, but I guess I should concentrate on more important things moving forward.
 
YES

You are over reacting. Unless you personally made your avatar, it is fair game.

Please feel free to use use any or all of the attached "Panties in a Bunch":laughing9:

Best - Mike
 

Attachments

  • th_pantybunch.gif
    th_pantybunch.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 173
  • th_PANTIES_IN_A_BUNCH.webp
    th_PANTIES_IN_A_BUNCH.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 163
  • images.webp
    images.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 154
  • bunch.webp
    bunch.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 155
Well,
found another guy with the same avatar.
I give up. I will probably not change it, but it still bums me out.
The other guy was nice enough to change his, but I guess I should concentrate on more important things moving forward.
Well they might be able to use your avater, but there is only one coinshooter.:thumbsup:


SS
 
hot cat 2_edited-1.webpThe mods should be aware of this, When you create an avatar, it is automaticly copywrited. If you complane and they fail to inforce your copywrite they are as guilty as the offender. Now if it is a stock avatar, it falls in the public domain and anybody can use it. Contact the administrator if it is your copywrite.
 
hand print-2_edited-3.webpI think Facebook, or twitter is being sued right now for failing to remove videos that were copywritted after being notified. A forum can not negate the law with a rule or notice. This is a hot potato in the photo industry right now.
 
Last edited:
As you all recall, by argeeing to be members here you gave Treasurenet the rights to anything you upload or post - including your avatar image.

You did read that "I agree" fine print before clicking, yes?
 
I never said my avatar was copywrited.
I was only saying I was using it before anyone else on here. I took the time to find it on the web and I have had it on tnet for over 5+ years.
During that time it was a nice run, but recently others have used the same avatar.
Not real happy with that, but can't do much about it either.
That's all.
 
I'd find a new avatar. Trade it in for a new one. It's just a personal avatar, you're not a business, it's not a copyright or business trademark. Maybe a bit upsetting, but no big deal. Heck, I may even start changing mine every month or so?
 
hand print-2_edited-3.webpCharlie P, Copywrited images are still protected, that's why that law suit is now in progress!
 
Its simply a monkey see...monkey do...

Other words, the imitator is quite comfortable with stealing others property and has no sense of honor or morals.
 
Does anyone have a "panties in a bunch" avatar I can borrow for the duration of this thread? :o)
Hey coinshooter...wait a minute, your not coinshooter..Oh the confusion. Coinshooter, you need to change your avatar, you have the same one that Bassfish has. That might cause him some trouble.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom