What's new

How would you feel if somone was using your Avatar?

would anyone want to look like Me, LOL:happysmiley:
 
Not unless I claim a nickname close to yours.. From now on call me tarhealPanner

Now that, and not a picture is annoying
 
That's why I'm here.

Open up any dictionary, look up annoying, and my picture, not avatar will be there :thumbsup: :laughing9:
 
Well, the mods agree with most of you, they can't protect an image, but they can keep others from using your exact name.
You say it's just a picture, but I disagree. I can use ANY picture, but this is a picture that I identify myself to others on here with.
I think you might think differently if it had been yours for 5 yrs or more and someone comes along and copies it and uses it.
But... I could be wrong. I can understand there are those who would disagree and say it is just a picture, but it is much more than that to me.
The name goes with the avatar. It that simple.
If you want to know who it is, go to "New Member Introductions" and look about 2-3 pages back for MY avatar with another persons name.
 
Last edited:
I Just saw this thread, Didn't read all the responses Yet,
But feel I Need to Respond now.

Is there a Possibility he found it Online via Google Images ?

Is it a Possibility he Dosn't Know How to Change it ?

Has he Responded at all ?
With the New Format not sure this is possible,
Maybe he never read your Pm's or this thread and has no Clue ?

All I Can say, if someone took Mine for use here, I would be all over them
like Flies on a Politician.

unless they now own the ring of course.
and took their own pic from a different angle.
Or trade me a E-Trac for its use

Did you Create the Image you use ?

no Promises, but PM Me his Name.

FYI If you can Find something about Duplicate Avatars in the Rules let me know


FORUM RULES


You may not... Upload avatars that... exploit or ridicule human deformity, disability, inferiority or upload avatars that contain personal attacks and/or foul language.

TreasureNet is not responsible for removing or editing any post. Information you post WILL NOT be considered copyrighted or otherwise protected from use by anyone else. We make no guarantees or warrantees as to the length of time posted information will remain online. We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc.. We reserve the right to ban any user, and/or delete any user account (including all posts) at any time, for any reason. Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal.

http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules
 
Last edited:
The rule pretty much says it all

"Information you post WILL NOT be considered copyrighted or otherwise protected from use by anyone else." That would cover a avatar........
 
Speaking of other peoples stuff, love the quote on the bottom 'bout illegals!!
 
I'm about to start stealing madddd avatars up in this *****
 
Tough call.

If it was a personal pic of you or a find.... yeah.

Mine is "borrowed" from a photographer.... his work is on the web and has been seen by many. I dont think I could get too upset if someone else borrowed it too.
 
Tough call.

If it was a personal pic of you or a find.... yeah.

Mine is "borrowed" from a photographer.... his work is on the web and has been seen by many. I dont think I could get too upset if someone else borrowed it too.

I Have to agree.

Some of these People come here from other Forums
where they have used these Avatars for Years.

To them, it is Their Avatar
 
Depends id it a find of yours then be mad, did you create your like I did? I would be mad also. If you found yours on Google then dont be mad.
 
There is a new member on here who will not respond to my requests that they change their avatar because it is the
avatar I have been using for about 5 yrs now. The mods tell me there is nothing they can do. My question is would it bother you as much as this bothers me?
I consider my avatar as part of my being on here, and feel that this should be something they should also prevent a user from using if someone else is already using it.
It's kind of like someone coming in and stealing a business logo (to me).
What do you think?
I just think it's really a low thing to do and not even to respond after requests and PM.s

The greatest compliment someone can pay you is to impersonate you. :happysmiley:

I would add his screen name to your signature with "I'm not" in front of it. Maybe that will stir up a response. :happysmiley:



Coinshooter,
I feel your pain. Even if it's not breaking any official rules it's kinda like invasion of your personal stuff. Really gets under your skin.
I saw at least one of your post about that person using it and you really jumped their A$$.
Have you tried asking with a little more diplomacy? it often works. Just a suggestion to get back what you feel is yours.
If that doesn't work then I like Old Stonewall's idea.
Try being nice and maybe they will see where you're coming from. If they don't? Let the games begin. Outsmart Them!
 
coinshooter, you never answered my question.. What if a member who was here longer than you also had that same avatar and only crossed your path recently.. How quickly will you give up your avatar?

With close to 33,000 members, have you already met most of them, and come across their posts :dontknow:
 
If you made the Avatar I could see your gripe.
But if you just downloaded it then I would say your out of luck because than any body can use it.
 
Coinstar, I can feel your pain, not much you can do about it really, no reason to alienate anyone over the avatar so I would just move on my friend. He could have got the avitar anywhere.
 
I think it's pretty simple... If you created it and there's no such other image people should respect that, but if it's just something you found online that's cool than you have no right to complain.
 
If anyone would like to use my avatar they can pay me a monthly royalty through Paypal and I will even send you a signed copy. Hell if the royalty is high enough I will actually send you the finds in the avatar.

Fee to be determined at a later date.

Thank you

NJ

PS Where did your avatar originally come from and is it copyrighted. If copyrighted have you paid for the right to use it?? Signed Devil's Advocate
 
Last edited:
Hi Stormsurge and Spartucus,
I did reply to this person in two seperate PMs and also asked the mod to ask them. My first post may have been quite direct you are correct. But then I thought that maybe they would not look at that page again, so I sent what I considered toned down pms . I know the mod got through to them, but they must have chosen to keep the avatar. As to Spartucuses question. If I could see that the person had had that avatar before I did, by the no of time and posts that they had accumulated and they asked me nicely (which I did in my pm to this individual), I would change it , no doubt about it. If they came from another forum, then I would expect them to show some respect and change theirs. I don't have this same avatar on other forums I belong to.
Hope that answers your question.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom