Hows the beaches?, reporting live from Cape Canaveral.

ourhistory153

Sep 11, 2006
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
How's the beaches?, reporting live from Cape Canaveral.

Wow, how about that weather?

We're (my girl and I) are off again to the sands of Cape Canaveral. I know of one wreck nearby for certain, a galleon in 1688 and possibly
1715 wreck.

Anybody else detecting their local east coast Florida shores? Did things get stirred up in Sebastian and South Melbourne? Hows things
at Vero beach. Roads closed, flooding?

Stop on by Merritt Square tomorrow for lunch. See a previous message. Please RSVP if you can.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: How's the beaches?, reporting live from Cape Canaveral.

You need a good, deep seeking pulse induction detector to find the old stuff on the beach, like say, a DetetectorPro Headhunter. ;D

becket1

Greenie
Aug 18, 2008

Here in Saint Augustine the tides aren't going out yet, but it got torn to heck for three days; LOTS of sand removed. Gonna try it at low tide in the 'am' and see if I can hit a few mid-beach cuts I know of if they are uncovered. Better on Mon-tues once the wind slows so the water can get out.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS

Can anyone detect on Cape Canaveral? If so, what parts? I thought that the whole cape was off limits.

Pcola

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The City of Cape Canaveral is open to the public south of the Port. However, North of the Port is the Air Station and Space Center - These are off limits to the general public for obvious security reasons. Employees of the Air Station and the Space Center have access to these beaches, but metal detectors are off limits.

Tom

coin man

Feb 15, 2009

heading out to cocoa beach next week. Are there any other good areas there?

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco

Funny you should ask....I have been roofing at cocoa beach for the last week or so and i keep stopping by the beach also at lunch.I havent hit it yet but i think the pier would be a great spot.It stands 50 feet or so above the beaches and its always loaded with people.Its near that Ron jon Surf shop or whatever its called and i hear the breakfast place there is really good too.good luck

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition

scrapdoggie, yes, where you are mentioning below the pier and to the right and left etc is a good place, you will see someone detecting all hours of the day and week out there lol, however there are alot of pull tabs and such that come out, and i did find one of my rings out there and a gold hoop earring underneath the pier but that are is usually a "timely" place, usually its good to go to around sunday evening after everyone leaves, that way you can see if anyone has lost anything etc. good luck guys, see ya out there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread