SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am sure Clutsam left Jamaica in a Britannia with that convoy but the Caledonia was met along the way, either on his first trip ending at the Mole after he got dropped or on his second ( which is more likely) north of the mole after he left there in late July?

The main frustration is two fold, I can’t find a Caledonia that was lost in that part of the world on any Lloyds list ( therefore no Captains name) and I dont know what country to look in…..Yet!

Also picking up people from a shipwreck was so common place it never made the newspapers, and add to that the secret military angle being Lancers and at war with the French.

If I was a betting man I would suspect the Caledonia could be here on the reef that sticks out into the Atlantic from Mayaguana. The Captain may have drifted West with the trades and or current and if darkness and reef met the boat at the wrong time Clutsam could have seen them the next day as he passes to the east? The Caledonia Captain may have thought he was already safely in the Atlantic.

F0026FDB-D884-4098-A717-966D2E7A2ADE.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I think the Lancers would have been mentioned in helping to ward off the row boat privateers if they were aboard “ before” the Mole??

7F734A8B-75AD-45A3-945A-9EDB5F392A0C.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread