Human bones? They sure look like it. All this found in same 10” by 8” hole.

DirtDigginJunkie

Feb 9, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556742932.394318.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556742942.771156.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556742953.636186.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556742967.452237.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556742994.465274.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556743003.924642.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556743021.142026.jpg

Can't answer your bone question, but I don't think they are.
I will say though... You found some great relics...

Upvote 0
Homestead i think, 1794 Liberty Cap half cent, 1719 King George I farthing, buttons, buckles and .... animal bones? In a basketball size hole. Strange.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Until I find a skull I never consider bones to be human, but if you think they are you will need to find an expert to make that determination.

Upvote 0
I don’t see anything that says def human the flat ones seem a bit large and the others seem a touch small but hard to say without holding them, also I see at least one green spiral break which only can happen on fresh bones. Usually they come with butchering.

Upvote 0
cool relics I would not mess with the bones

Upvote 0
It also looks like you have a piece of burned bone, again most likely from food processing,

what’s the tubular piece with the dots and lettering at the top?

Upvote 0
Fabulous mystery in one hole! Congrats! White piece with dots is pipe stem. At Jamestown they found some folks buried in pits. The flat bones could be either pelvis or shoulder blade. I recommend you douse the area and mark off any indications of a larger disturbance of the surrounding ground. If this is a human burial
and the individual was lain out, the dousing will reveal the outline of the grave. If you do find that to be true, then the next step would be to have the bones evaluated by a professional. It in some ways look like a child's treasures but why it would include bones, and that many coins is beyond me. What's on the fronts of the buttons?

Upvote 0
Nice Relics!

Kace

Upvote 0
I almost always find bones while sifting early sites. Bones, teeth and clam are very common.

Upvote 0
"All this found in same 10” by 8” hole." ????
Do you mean ten feet by 8 feet?

if not, then Id did a bigger hole...

Upvote 0
Definitely not human bones. I do x-ray for a living I look at bones all day. Notice how they have been cracked open to get the marrow out. Very common practice. Smokey and I found a similar hole with bones coins and buckles. You found where they cooked dinner and smoked pipes after.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back