Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful hummingbird worthy of these magnificent pictures.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great photos!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely Beautiful Shots Ron :icon_thumleft:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remarkable detail and beauty you captured there Ron. The lighting is fantastic!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful photos! :occasion14:

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Many Thanks Everyone!.....Fortunately, this was an unafraid cooperative little bird....I was using a 70-200 lens that will not focus closer than 3.9' from the end of the lens. Once while the hummer was working on the flowers, it flew directly toward me and hovered about a foot in front of my lens for a few seconds, then went back to the sweet peas.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Remarkable detail and beauty you captured there Ron. The lighting is fantastic!
Thanks Kray,
Morning sunlight slightly diffused by high thin clouds to soften the light, but still allowed a super fast shutter speed for the fast birds...ISO 400, F4, and a 1/4000 shutter speed.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those birds are really cool dont see them often

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've come back a few times to see what I'm not seeing at my hummingbird feeders.

Do you plant those sweet peas just for the hummingbirds? I'd like to try some on a trellis. The sugar water solution in my feeders goes bad after a few days and the ants get into them too. I'd rather try those sweet pea flowers!

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I've come back a few times to see what I'm not seeing at my hummingbird feeders.

Do you plant those sweet peas just for the hummingbirds? I'd like to try some on a trellis. The sugar water solution in my feeders goes bad after a few days and the ants get into them too. I'd rather try those sweet pea flowers!
I think the sweet peas are wild and come up every year, and climb the inside of my garden fence. They produce a lot of seeds, and from what I have read they need to be planted in fall or early spring....I think they have to go through a stratification process before they'll sprout. ( About four to six weeks of cold weather. ).....I plan to plant some of these and some multicolored sweet peas along the fence this fall....
I have the sugar water feeder out too, but I like to take pictures of the hummers feeding on flowers....They're also attracted to zinnias, salvias, and sunflowers.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ron,
We had salvia but the deer ate it to the ground. The research continues for plants that would attract hummingbirds but not be so attractive to deer. Otherwise, I'll have to fence in a garden area since the deer are here daily.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Thanks Ron,
We had salvia but the deer ate it to the ground. The research continues for plants that would attract hummingbirds but not be so attractive to deer. Otherwise, I'll have to fence in a garden area since the deer are here daily.
Yeah, I think that's the only reason I have sweet peas....They grow on the inside of the garden fence. Any vines that grow through to the outside of the fence gets chewed off....Have also learned to plant zinnias and salvias in the garden, protected by the deer fence.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful capture of our favorite birds. We have three feeders in the yard at the moment which the Orioles share with the two baby hummers that were born in our orange tree. Again just beautiful, well done photos of the hummers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread