Hunted 1897 house - coins tags relics

greg1186

Dec 19, 2013
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
House built 1897 - for about two hours. Pretty interesting house. Backyard was like a step up and covered in ivy (not poison). Around this tree I found the majority of the coins.. I found 8 wheats total today along with plenty of memorials.. One 1965 dime and one 1966 nickel. I could tell four wheat dates out of eight. Earliest 1920. Along with 1934, 1944 D and 1943. Other four I can't tell. I've found 10 total wheats in my life and today I found 8! (I been detecting 1 year). Found relics in the front yard.. Skeleton key hole. A little metal heart.. Don't think it's silver but now sure... And then a tag with 326 hand stamped in it and then a little medal or something with two little shrines in it.. I thought they were double zeros at first but I looked with loupe and the left oval has a palm tree in the right oval has a person in it I think? Any one have any info on the number tag and the medal?? Please help me out.. Thanks!!!

image-2959097820.jpg

image-829639604.jpg

image-1073705774.jpg

image-2733604523.jpg

image-1019711723.jpg

image-2101572527.jpg

image-531327312.jpg

Upvote 6
I wish I could help also but I have boxes full of relics I've found in fields where farms and houses use to sit and need to clean them up and try to ID some of the stuff I've found. Most of my stuff is brass they must of used it a lot in 1800s.

The number looks like a livestock tag like something that would be clipped on a cow's ear

The small metal looks to have come from a rosary.. A Roman Catholic religious medallion anyway I believe the tree is a date palm.. And this is a variation of the palm tree and peace Saint medallion.

Last edited:
Congrats on your wheatie haul... and I am also a fan of the skeleton key hole.
GL&HH.

Nice dig! I especially like the little skelton keyhole.

Please post the medallion after some cleaning.

I'm jealous. Nice haul.

Try rubbing a little white toothpaste or baking soda mixed with water on it gently with your thumb then rinse and repeat

Great finds!..I like that you included the house, i always mean to take a pic of some of the beautiful houses that are in ruin that i get to detect

Hope your medallion cleans up for you. It is a nice one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back