"Hunted out" yard keeps giving.....

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
Three times now the first signal when I turned the detector on at this site was old silver. It's unusual for the silver to outdo the Indians in an old yard, but I got two seated and this Barber now and only one Indian. Hooray for hunted out yards.
1900BarberDime.jpg

Upvote 34
Three times now the first signal when I turned the detector on at this site was old silver. It's unusual for the silver to outdo the Indians in an old yard, but I got two seated and this Barber now and only one Indian. Hooray for hunted out yards.View attachment 2118204
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

I hunted my parents yard several times every year for about 30 years in various soil conditions (dry, wet, hot, cold, etc.) and used different angles of approach and different sweep speeds and always managed to find things I had previously missed.

Takes an awful lot to convince me a place is hunted out- keep at it and I'm sure there'll be more. Nice Barber!!

I will never declare a site "hunted out".

I have found that a "fast sweep" will find a silver dime deeper than a slow sweep. Anyone agree?

Three times now the first signal when I turned the detector on at this site was old silver. It's unusual for the silver to outdo the Indians in an old yard, but I got two seated and this Barber now and only one Indian. Hooray for hunted out yards.View attachment 2118204
Perhaps you should just hunt for 10 minutes each day. You’ll have one hell of a coin collection!

NICE going :) you are making believers out of a lot of people irgoodger :)

IRGOODGER, is that extensive list of finds you have from Michigan? I may just have to RETHINK this AZ stuff and head up that way.... if you have room for another detectorist in the neighborhood. That list is IMPRESSIVE! ╦╦ç

IRGOODGER, is that extensive list of finds you have from Michigan? I may just have to RETHINK this AZ stuff and head up that way.... if you have room for another detectorist in the neighborhood. That list is IMPRESSIVE! ╦╦ç
Most of it was found in Michigan. A lot in Indiana since I am close to the state line. Some on business trips or vacations, but mostly Michigan. It's getting harder and harder to find a productive place, though, since all the parks and public schools and most churches are hunted out now (or at least heavily hunted).

I did finally get a second IHP from this yard Tuesday (a 1902), which I gave to the owner along with a 1919-S Lincoln that was brand new when dropped. It is now green, of course. I gave them the first IHP too, an 1881 and I offered him a handful (8 pieces, I think) of wheaties I had found there, but he declined. I just wanted to show him that the other hunters most likely HAD found coins, they just didn't tell him.

There is a catch to that list. I hit a once in a lifetime site here in Michigan. You can read about it here;

Well there ya go bro! Nice....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back