What's new

Hunting The Bay with the Garrett Infinium ..video

OBN

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
8,272
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland Waters
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Friday trip to the bay..Nabbed a little Gold, and it is lite..but gold...using the Garrett LS Infinium Pi detecter, First serious time out with the PI, Thought I would have problems with ferrious targets but was not to bad at all. I like the coverage of the 10x14 mono coil, and after using it for a few hours Pinpointing is very easy, When you hit your target keep swinging and moving the coil forwards. Once the target disappears off the heal of the coil..... swing back and forth again and back up until you get a slite hit,Stop there... put your toes up against the rear of the coil and the target is under your toes. Used the CZ 20 last week in the Bay, think it is a toss up on which is the best. The garrett is way deeper, but the CZ loves the Bay
Settings for the Infinium were................like Ron Lords....disc...1 threshsold ..4 Groundbalancing ...switch to slow, holding coil down flat for 30+ seconds then switching to Lock Work a In & Out Tight Pattern....... Dig everything..............Gold season is final here...HH........Joe
 
Upvote 0
Good video :thumbsup: the (dig everything part) ? not for me Dd60
 
Great video as always....Ya gotta love that Miller Scoop with the looped handle.
 
Great video Joe! Gotta love those Chesapeake beaches....I miss hunting them....I haven't hunted them since the early 90's....love to get back there some time....HH....Brian
 
Joe e-mail me your mailling address, I have something for you.Ron Lord.
 
Thanks guys for the postive comments, Brian you are always welcome to visit..got several old beachs in my area I'm sure you may have hunted in the 90's, there all still here but most are private now, was thinking about getting a jetski...But really I don't think they have the Gold like they use to, like the Ocean Beach's..by far I do believe The Jersey Shores, have some of the best all around beachs to hunt on the East Coast...And so much History...totally amazing..the only other place that is equal would have to be Florida's Beach's. So keep in mind I'm retiring in Mid-2013, you are going to see me stopping in AC, and I expect to see you in the Bay...Hope the Arm is getting better, miss the Vid's..Joe
 
Awesome vid,I like the set you have there. Gives me some ideas. :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom