hunts 4,5 6 with Equinox

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
A cancer pendant, a very thin silver ring stack style and some clad. Nothing spectacular...

A few notes for potential or new users...

Went with the 6 inch coil today for a small coil it was going off like crazy... pinpointing with it good... very..very trashy area was chatty as hell... interesting had a eraser head come up 26 area more like a dime...instead of 13 like the nickel... also the silver ring came up at 26...dime area... the cancer pendant I broke the loop off the pendant thinking it was tin foil at first...

One more note on the coil... so light gets stuck in uneven grass... and the other day with the standard coil had a quarter come up low... as a 26/27....

Pics included... again potential buyers... a few things... the tid numbers are bunched way to close together it is mandatory you learn the tones which may or may not be hard for a new user... coins are overlapping and do not expect any of the coins to sit on one number all the time reading wise... and the depth meter definitely just gives you an estimate to put it nicely...

Attachments

• 3 06 22 hunt 6 equinox 6 inch coil.jpg
    3 06 22 hunt 6 equinox 6 inch coil.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 61
  • 3 04 22 hunt 5 equinox.jpg
    3 04 22 hunt 5 equinox.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 53
  • hunt 3 3 22 cancer pendant.jpg
    hunt 3 3 22 cancer pendant.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 49
  • hunt 3.3.22.jpg
    hunt 3.3.22.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 6

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cancer pendant, a very thin silver ring stack style and some clad. Nothing spectacular...

Went with the 6 inch coil today for a small coil it was going off like crazy... pinpointing with it good... very..very trashy area was chatty as hell... interesting had a eraser head come up 26 area more like a dime...instead of 13 like the nickel... also the silver ring came up at 26...dime area... the cancer pendant I broke the loop off the pendant thinking it was tin foil at first...

One more note on the coil... so light gets stuck in uneven grass... and the other day with the standard coil had a quarter come up low... as a 26/27....

Pics included... again potential buyers... a few things... the tid numbers are bunched way to close together it is mandatory you learn the tones which may or may not be hard for a new user... coins are overlapping and do not expect any of the coins to sit on one number all the time reading wise... and the depth meter definitely just gives you an estimate to put it nicely...
Nice Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul !
I'm a big fan of small coils - ran a 6" EQ 2 Coil on my E-Trac for 5 years - 7" Dimes - countless great finds.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Nice haul !
I'm a big fan of small coils - ran a 6" EQ 2 Coil on my E-Trac for 5 years - 7" Dimes - countless great finds.
have the 6 inch on the explorer...first time out with it on the Equinox... was just getting used to the stock coil.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

thanks for posting, really cool finds and great tips

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread