TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cal, name here is Tim and I live in Cullman, about 40 miles south of Huntsville, but go there quite a lot and know it very well. Huntsville revolves around it's high tech and military industry with everything from computers research to space craft development. The demographics are widespread and diverse with many levels of culture. Huntsville has a population of about 100,000 - 200,000 people with many that live on the base which has one of the best research libraries if you like doing research, but you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get there. If you married or not and like to shop there is an abundance of malls and other shopping opportunities that await. There is only one negative about Huntsville I never have liked, that's the road system downtown, it was designed by some one who was drunk at the time of design. It has gotten much better everyplace else though.
If you want to PM me please do so.
Thanks!
Tim

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live and work around Huntsville and I'm a transplanted East Coaster. I've been living here for 5 years and agree with most of what Tim has said. I don't know where you're coming from, but around Huntsville the cost of living is not really any lower than the rest of the country (with California being a big exception). Madison county is growing rapidy and the cost of new homes has grown exponentially in just the last five years. The job market, as Tim suggests, is pretty solid when it comes to high-tech (reason I transferred here) and opportunities abound in IT, Aerospace, and Defense Contract work. If you're into relic hunting, this area is pretty good. There are a number of old parks in Huntsville that coinshooting is still good.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to get you a complete answer.

Bill Walters

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions