πŸ₯‡ BANNER Hurricane irma uncovers 1733 treasure fleet coin, on Friday the 13th !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woooo hoooo !! I got one !! A big old fat, chunky, full size, dated piece of eight cob !! Took 5 hunts after the hurricane to get a cob. Only been out of the sand for an hour. Beautiful low tide hunt at the hurricane hole, wasn't there 45 minutes before I got the cob. Found another strap keeper from the wreck too. What a great morning. photo-676.JPG
photo-677.JPG
Im almost certain this coin will clean up incredibly well as it is a full size piece with a bold strike. Pretty sure its dated 1732, and was pulled from high ground by the hurricane. I found it in ankle deep water at mid tide. Woo hooo !! Got to clean the old girl up. Friday the 13 th was pretty darn lucky for me so far. Nice odd shaped piece. Looks like it came from the middle of the bar !!

Upvote 133
Thanks guys !! Looks like 1732 or 1730. Looking for more tinfoil to keep cleaning.

Awesome. Cant wait for the clean up pics! [emoji2]

What a beautiful piece of silver, huge congratulations on your recovery from the sands that hidden this one for so long.

That deserves a trip across the top in my opinion. I'll toss a banner vote your way. Good luck!

Congrats on the unusual shaped cob. That one is among the last cobs to be made in Mexico city

Congratulations!! A friday the 13th to remember!!

A find like that just gets the imagination running wild. That is one of my favorite finds posted in a long time. Congrats on a banner find. I'm curious what it weighs - do you have a gram scale?

Wow!!!! TOO KOOL! Big congrats....... Hogge

Marvelous darling! I almost always dig the high sand. Ocean does weird stuff with relics left in it.

My oh my that is a treasure find at its best. I need to go get some rum and have a toast to your wonderful recovery, you deserve for sure.

photo-680.JPG
photo-681.JPG
Ya baby, 1732 !! Im so stoked !!! Cleaning right up with boiling water tinfoil and baking soda !!

Best luck I ever had on such a bad luck day, fri. 13

Congratulations, and I vote BANNER! :skullflag: :notworthy:

Better go back tomorrow. There may be more. Cheers on the exceptional find .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back