Re: I am Arranging a GROUP HUNT for us COLORADO TNer's
Jimbog said:
You can follow right behind me and pick up the tabs I point out! I actually had two hours of hunting Sunday afternoon and picked 2 rings and about 12 quarters plus other assorted change from the ground. One ring is silver with a stone. I think it's amethyst, but wife thought it might be a diamond. The other ring was a gold and silver band. I'm beginning to get the feel for the V3 and really like that updates to it.
I heard from my friends at NJC they were getting bad storms today. The good news is the rain should soften the ground. Last I looked the forecast looks great for the weekend. I'm ready.
We got some of those storms out here today and last nite. Not too bad but the wind really kicked up. And SNOW for Wed from what I hear. Thats Colorado for you. Good thing we got globull warming....we would be having a blizzard wednesday. Havent seen snow out here on the plains this late in the year in a good many years. But you are right. This weekend is looking good. Supposed to be up around 70 on Saturday. NICE detecting weather and sunny. Sat and Sun both. Will gather a bunch of wood so we can have a nice campfire. Everything will be nice and green so no worries about fires. And out front is the perfect place. Make sure you guys bring some camp stools or chairs. I got some but not enough for all. That will make for a nice evening. Sitting around the campfire telling stories about our big finds of the day.
Hey, congrats on the rings. Anytime you find a ring its a good day.
I just need a lot more time on this ET. Its telling me alot but I am not getting it figured out yet. So since I wont be able to do alot of digging, just being able to scan over behind you guys and then seeing what you dig is going to be a BIG help to me. I figure that will be my payback for arranging this weekend, OK guy? I dont want any of your finds. I hope you guys find some great stuff. That school site should have some old coins on it. So should the church site. Both were there from about 1884 or so to the 50's or 60's. Same with the homesteads. So I am hoping you guys find some nice coins and maybe some relics. Up at the one homestead I found a distributor off what I think is an old model T. Found it under a tree in the Front yard. I can almost picture the farmer sitting under that tree on a hot day working on a part. Not sure how old it is though. The tree that is. I think it shows in the picture down below. Might not even have been there back then.
And Frank, you are welcome to all the scrap metal you dig. <laugh> Plus, there is alot just laying around up there at the one homestead. There is alot of stuff there. Old iron. You could likely pick up a 100 pounds of it in a day.
There is a basement in both places that I havent gone into. Not the size and conditon for exploring there. But there is no telling what is down there. Other than critters. Could be worthwhile checking them out.
That one building that I show in the photos was the original house, the one collapsing. It was built from sod and rock. Once the other house was built, they turned the sod place into a chicken coop in the sod side and added a wood workshop on one end. So that is an original sod building from homesteading days. Alot of history there. There is another farm a couple miles away that has a building still standing and being used that was built the same way. From sod and rock. If anyone is interested I can show it to you. From the road. Its a long building. But its interesting for sure. Going to see if we can get permission to hunt there too.
Dont know about it though. Not that we need it. we have 4 places to hunt and anyone that wants to swing a coil on my place is welcome. Its an original homestead as well. The houses on it now are both about, well one is about 80 years, and the other about 60 years old. One spot I will show yall is where I found a musket ball and 2 arrowheads in the same hole. Looked to have been a dropped ball but has what look to be toothmarks. Some untold history there.
I am really looking forward to this weekend.