What's new

I am astonished....I must have one of the coolest bank branches on earth....

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
I am sitting here at work. Doing some work. And occasionally *snicker* surfing the net.

So the phone rings and I answer. It is one of the tellers at my bank. They have my phone number and I have left my info with them in case someone ever brings in a bunch of half-dollars.

Well....he said some guy today brought in a whole bunch of half dollars, and he also says the guy sold him 2 Silver Eagle bullion coins for $15! He said he will sell them to me for what he paid for them, and he also said the guy is going to bring in a bunch more half dollars next week!!! :o

He said there are a bunch of old ones in this bunch the guy turned in today, so I am stopping by there in about an hour to see what kinda stuff he has for me. Heh...and my regular weekly box comes in tomorrow! Woohoo!!

Man...I gotta get those guys something else now. About 5 months ago I went to the store and bought a big bag of hard candy and gave it to them for all they do for me.
Gee whiz....I am blown away!

I will post later this evening with some pix of what I am getting this afternoon.

I love this hobby. It can be like Christmas unexpectedly at any time during the year!
;D
 
Upvote 0
We'll keep our finger crossed for you MF.

Keep us posted.
 
That was very nice of that teller MF....you have yourself a good one there.

Wishing you all the luck on the halves......keep us posted. I hope they are loaded.
 
Ok. It coulda been a better thing, if it were not for a teller there, but I really do not mind.

So I get there, and the teller who called me showed me what he had.

Two Sunshine Minting 2000 Millenium 1 Oz. Silver Rounds, and a single 1968 Kennedy.
He said the other teller (the girl who orders my boxes) had some halves also.

So I asked the guy how much he wanted for the Silver Eagles, and he said 20 bucks for both. I said sounds like a deal to me. That way he made 5 bucks profit, and I still got them for less than the silver value.

I went to the other teller to see what she had. A different customer had turned in 7 Walkers, a 1953 Ben, and a couple of 1968 Kennedys amongst a pile of clad halves.

I offered her 20 bucks for the whole bunch of the silver halves, but she balked, saying she wanted to save the Walkers and the Ben for her daughter's future college tuition. I did convince her to sell me the two 1968 Kennedys, and even offered her 2 bucks for them, but she said no and sold them to me for face value.

One of the Walkers was a really worn 1920. The others were early 40s, and were in pretty good shape.

I almost had her convinced to sell me the Walkers and the Ben, but she is so sweet, and has done me so right, that I did not press the issue. That is her reward for being so cool to me for the past year.

Hmmm...I just now realized I have been CRH'ing for a year now. Pretty cool. I have sold about 1,000 clams worth of Kennedys to my coin dealer (not in face value, but actual sale price).

So I will see her again tomorrow, as tomorrow is my 'box day'.

Here is a photo of the stuff I got today, including a dark rainbow-toned half for added visual flavoring lol.

5x3nepc.jpg


And here is a pic of the reverse sides of the Silver Eagles:

66j66ug.jpg


I have told the head teller that if I find anything worth a pile of money, I will pay for dinner for him.

It's the least I can do.

Happy hunting everybody!
;D
 
I can't believe you found silver bullion. That's a real treat!
 
I would buy them all something like pizza for lunch or something like that! Great finds, congrads!
Pepperpump :o :o :o
 
Very nice finds!

fiatboy said:
I can't believe you found silver bullion. That's a real treat!

I found 2000 walking liberty silver bullion dollar today at my bank and paid only a face value :)
 
I found 2000 walking liberty silver bullion dollar today at my bank and paid only a face value

I would be dangerously happy if I ever found a Silver American Eagle bullion coin for face value. Mindblowing...what an amazing find.
 
fiatboy said:
I found 2000 walking liberty silver bullion dollar today at my bank and paid only a face value

I would be dangerously happy if I ever found a Silver American Eagle bullion coin for face value. Mindblowing...what an amazing find.

Personally, I would prefer an old Morgan dollar but this one is nice too :)
 
fikys said:
I found 2000 walking liberty silver bullion dollar today at my bank and paid only a face value :)

As in you paid $2000 for 2000 ounces of silver in the form of American Eagles?!?! Holy crap man! Start you own thread in the "Best Of" section!!
 
Wes_ said:
fikys said:
I found 2000 walking liberty silver bullion dollar today at my bank and paid only a face value :)

As in you paid $2000 for 2000 ounces of silver in the form of American Eagles?!?! Holy crap man! Start you own thread in the "Best Of" section!!

2000 is the year of issue (not the number of coins). I found only one :(
 
Oh, the YEAR 2000, ha, I guess I read that one wrong! Still a very cool find bank find though. What are the odds of someone cashing one in at face, and a teller giving it back out to a customer?
 
What are the odds of someone cashing one in at face, and a teller giving it back out to a customer?

Apparently better odds than I thought!

I'm still waiting for my first $100 platinum coin from CRHing. It's about the size of a half, so maybe I'll get lucky. hahaha.
 
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom