I am back...with goodies! (CAUTION: Long winded update!)

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
So as a general contractor and a totally addicted treasurer hunter, I acquired a fine little batch of tendinitis in my elbow over the winter. Being the obstinate knucklehead that I am, I continued to push thru the pain and continue to work and go detecting. Finally it got so bad that I couldn't use my right arm at all. I decided to take a break and ice the elbow daily along with wearing a special armband and things slowwwwwly began to improve. Fast forward to July 4th and my elbow wasn't screaming much so I decided to do some light swingin' while at the ocean beach with the family and found the chunky silver ring. Since then I have been hunting the local parks and lakes and have found silver, titanium, tungsten carbide, stainless steel, etc........just no gold. I told myself that I would not post until I found that beautiful gold. Well, persistence paid off yesterday. In fact both gold rings were found within 5 minutes of each other. So here ya go!
IMG_20150814_185241.jpg
IMG_20150814_185526.jpg IMG_20150814_185851.jpg IMG_20150814_185951.jpg IMG_20150814_185906.jpg

I know I am not alone when I say thank you for all your posts. They are massively encouraging and motivating to us all.

Happy hunting!
-UP

Upvote 22

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Infinium, Garrett Pro Pointer(x2), 30" Bazooka Prospector, Scuba Gear
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an impressive batch of rings! I'm at 17 totalwith 3 golds so far but yours look much better. I found a lot of quarter machine rings... haha.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds there, I have to watch my nephew suffer and switch arms to swing on every outing with the same condition and his has been bothering him all year so far.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good to see ya back!, looks like you have been mopping up on the rings!, great finds, love the gold!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring score! Ya got diamonds too! Congrats!

If I had to wait till I found a gold ring to post...well,...let's just say I couldn't keep quiet THAT long!

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great haul of rings. Glad your feeling better and back into the "swing" of things.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Lovely gold! :icon_flower::blob6::blob9::blob6::icon_flower: Enlarged your jewelry group to see several other nice rings too. Glad you're back! :hello2:

I also stubbornly ignored pain - in my case knee & foot pain - foolishly keeping up habit of much walking & hill-climbing in general & much detecting! Problems worsened, which finally caused me to be wise enough to rest at home! Result: detecting plenty again now with only small minimal pain! Andi

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE KNOCKED OFF A JEWELRY STORE . NICE FINDS.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the two Golds! Big Congrads!!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I know your pain. But I keep swinging. Nice hunt. โ€‹

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im a lefty and my arm never tires. Must be a right handed thing i guess!
Haha just joking!! [emoji2]

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An X-ray to your elbow may in fact reveal a bone spur... my right elbow has been on fire off and on for past year. I have gotten two cortisone shots already, the first one wore off after about 2 months, the second wore off after just a few weeks... Doc says I can only get one more, then we look at surgery....ugh. Nice that I deliver 5 gallon bottles of water for a living, so its like I am making it worse with every customer....When I beep, it seems to be mostly left handed, alas, I don't find nearly the bling that you do.:laughing7:

Congrats on your great finds, and good luck with your elbow.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your finds UP! :occasion14:
I hear you as well about the pain.
I tore the meniscus in my left knee in January and kept working at my job selling construction equipment.
In July, the tendons in my right knee became so painful compensating for my left that I had to finally go see my doctor, surgery is scheduled for Sept.3.

And yet I continue to detect at least 3 times a week... hey growing old is horrible, but we only live once! :thumbsup:
Dave

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone, it is nice to be back in the "swing" of things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread