I am testing the performance of the Manticore...will post all videos in this thread..

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The chatter I'm hearing in your video is iron contamination in the ground. Like Calabash said I run my upper ferrous at 10 in heavy iron. You also had your recovery speed at 4. Maybe try running recovery speed at 5 or 6 in heavy iron. You can also turn your ferrous volume down. I run my machine volume at 18-20 & my ferrous volume at 3 or 4.

Check out Iffy Signals video on YouTube ... Manticore in iron sites.

metaldiggr

Feb 13, 2015
South Central Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's plenty of iron but it's smearing into non-ferrous. I was out there for 3 hours yesterday, I tried every combo from changing the ferrous settings, recovery speed, GB.... If I run a tight discrimination setting it still smears. I just checked and that upper ferrous limit is well beyond 10. On custom the numbers run opposite, it's at roughly 13 on the preset upper limit.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's one of the issues with the Manticore that Minelab needs to work on is the problem of ferrous sounding like non-ferrous target. I dug more Square nails with the Manticore because they sound like a non-ferrous target.

metaldiggr

Feb 13, 2015
South Central Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's one of the issues with the Manticore that Minelab needs to work on is the problem of ferrous sounding like non-ferrous target. I dug more Square nails with the Manticore because they sound like a non-ferrous target.
I agree. I hunt wide open, I like hearing iron, but the iron tone slides into non-ferrous just enough to make me stop and do a double-take, the tone's gone when I check. Between you and I, I may buy a D2 and see how I like it... don't tell the Mrs.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron is the weakness of the Manticore...It has strengths but iron is not it...I have a number of videos and live streams where we discuss the iron problem..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread