I ask many questions because I don’t no, before banks.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't speak from experience as I've never spent much time looking for a
cache, however given the opportunity I would certainly check around
any type of landmarks, boulders, fence posts, etc.

Can't speak from experience as I've never spent much time looking for a
cache, however given the opportunity I would certainly check around
any type of landmarks, boulders, fence posts, etc.
If there was any substantial fencing, sometimes the money was hid near a corner post. Sometimes covered with a large rock. Remember they wanted quick access if the need arose AND didn’t want to be noticed by others. Speed was important. Of course you hear of: small vaults in cellar floors, under flooring, in walls, behind a loose brick. Whatever creative concept the person came up with. These are just from things I’ve read. I also haven’t found any caches.

I was told about an old bachelor farmer in NW Iowa. He weathered the depression and didn’t trust banks. He had a small pasture he kept his bull in. This bull was mean and acted like rodeo stock. He hid his savings in that pasture. I bet it worked.🐂

A lot of times items were buried where the location could be seen from the house. If there is a house still at the location, search areas that would be visible from the kitchen window.

Way to go ..All of the above.
always check for a "loose" fence post near the house. Pull it out of the ground, and there would be a treasure.
Germans hid their valuables in milk cans
Around the fire place is a good place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back