I avoid clad at all cost.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three of the 5 dimes I have found in the last two weeks. ZERO CLAD... And about 20 IH's,a few V nick's 021.JPG 022.JPG .. I have posted all these just want to recap.

Last edited:
Upvote 17

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you can avoid it then that's good. lol

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant count how many times i thought it was clad, but ended up being silver, just think you may be leaveing a lot behind...???

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually think its silver and then I find clad, lol.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice full LIBERTY on those seated dimes and great detail on the Barber..
Is there slight damage on the face of the Barber ?

Also I suppose you will never find any Gold though.

Ill take what you leave behind. :laughing7:

WAIT . You stated you found Nickels , so.IMO
Either you limit your digging to pre 194o's type sites Or you you know your machines better
than I could ever imagine knowing mine.

Or you have a time machine..lol:tongue3:

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only pick up the cald....I leave all the silver behind for u guys to find...please don't thank me I know im awesome! jk

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It's always nice to find old Silver coins but I would like to know where all that Clad is that you avoided!!?? If there is enough Clad, I could purchase another Metal Detector.

Frank

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Now that's how to do it!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three of the 5 dimes I have found in the last two weeks. ZERO CLAD....

Ok, I'll bite. Do you mean you avoid the clad signals or that all you've found lately has been silver? :dontknow: ???

If it's the former, how, praytell, would one do this with your machine? :icon_scratch:

In any case, love the dimes! :notworthy:

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hat tip to you.......very impressive. Twenty IH's. You my friend have quite a honey hole or two. Great finds:thumbsup:

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to be peculiarly the other way around for me. Never found a silver, but find a fair amount of clad. Nice finds, I dream of finding something like that one day!!!

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I apologize I tend to post on finds and not fully explain. Yes it is the fact I only have been hunting old sites. I my original post a few weeks ago I talked about a Victorian era picnic site I have been hunting the past three weeks. It was abandoned in the early 1900's, newest coin I have ever found at this site has been a standing liberty quarter a year or so ago. Oldest being 1829 Large cent. I might be taking metal detecting a step further then most but I tend to avoid parks, beaches ect. and places most people commonly hunt. If I get board with my old sites yeah then I might stop by a park. I know a lot of people will say I am missing out on a lot but its just what I like to do. I don't want to talk to much about old sites because the are not a renewable resource like a park or beach. I 100% hunt public or private land were its legal. I would say I spend just as much time or more researching and asking for permission as I do actually metal detecting. Well that's what I meant when saying I avoid clad. For what its worth I have heard of people "tweeking" there detectors to only pick up on silver, I don't know how that's possible but I have heard that. Well I hope I didn't talk to much seeing as a good metal detecting sites are a very covenanted. Just don't let me catch you at my sites. LOL!

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too would avoid clad if I could find dimes like that!!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My face is turning shiny from clad-

87 cents in two days. I'm hoping I can find enough to pay for new batteries when the time comes.

I'm new but how the heck can you tell the difference before digging? For me new pennies show up very high. I look at every find as a learning experience but I'm seriously ready for anything pre-50's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread