gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
batts, iron and copper alloys smell, at least the oxidation smells, its true. You can taste and smell the rust and green copper corrosion. That's why trappers coat there traps with wax, so Wile E. Coyote cant smell em, the traps that is, not the bait. You know you had a good day at tectin when your hands smell of copper. It is counter intuitive. It is bizarre.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
batts, iron and copper alloys smell, at least the oxidation smells, its true. You can taste and smell the rust and green copper corrosion. That's why trappers coat there traps with wax, so Wile E. Coyote cant smell em, the traps that is, not the bait. You know you had a good day at tectin when your hands smell of copper. It is counter intuitive. It is bizarre.
thanks the Warden said im not right in da head. :-\

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
That's okay, it dont matter. That cool ring makes up for it :icon_thumleft:
ehhh she is watchin american idol :boxing:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a dog, Chesapeake, that used to dig metal items out of the yard and put them on the porch. She didn't dig unless it was to retrieve a metal item. Always wondered if she could have been trained to find gold. :dontknow:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
I had a dog, Chesapeake, that used to dig metal items out of the yard and put them on the porch. She didn't dig unless it was to retrieve a metal item. Always wondered if she could have been trained to find gold. :dontknow:
maybe you started someting with that idea :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa, never trust your sense of smell :nono: , unless you have an extraordinary olfactory. :icon_thumright:

To confirm your suspicions always use the taste test :thumbsup: :laughing7:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
aa, never trust your sense of smell :nono: , unless you have an extraordinary olfactory. :icon_thumright:

To confirm your suspicions always use the taste test :thumbsup: :laughing7:
oh my :laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
My method is to dye the trap first, I use the wax as a rust-preservative and it also speeds up the action of the trap, I never considered it as a scent-block, hmmmmmmm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions