What's new

I call it the “palasso”.

Flip N. Rocks

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
50
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in Missouri in an area where I have found many points. I believe it’s made of Burlington chert and it certainly has signs of being manipulated by man. What are your thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • 3F2EC0A7-34D4-4263-B926-A53E2A3457B4.webp
    3F2EC0A7-34D4-4263-B926-A53E2A3457B4.webp
    409.3 KB · Views: 112
I apologize. Probably not the right thread to post. I’ll post under appropriate topic.
 
Upvote 0
Burlington chert is common. The deposit runs from OK all the way up into IL. Bunches of it around SFD MO. It looks like one corner might have been tested. If they tested it and left it that means it's probably junk. If it would have been primo, they would have taken it. Gary
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom