What's new

I CANT COIN ROLL HUNT AND I DONT LIKE IT!!!!

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I CAN'T COIN ROLL HUNT AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!

For the past 8 months or so I have had several thousand dollars to play with in my bank account due to my tax refund. Slowly but surely that has dwindled down to nothing. I was still in the game up until a couple of weeks ago when we took a trip down to Peru and spent about 1,500 on that trip and then I had my Firebird engine rebuilt and that cost me almost 3,000. So I am down to big ole ZERO in my account!!! What can I do? I could sell my 40%ers but I don't want to with silver prices so low. My best option I think is wait for my paycheck wich comes every two weeks and go through boxes and maybe take a road trip or so. I can still search but not as much, at least not until the next tax refund comes in.

It is not all that bad though I have spent more time with the wife and kid lately which I realize I had not been doing as much since I became addicted to this hobby.

-Golden Silver
 
Upvote 0
Re: I CAN'T COIN ROLL HUNT AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!

Easy choice. Sell the wife and kids. Get back into CRH. :thumbsup:
 
Re: I CAN'T COIN ROLL HUNT AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!

hAH....I Can't say that has not crossed my mind a time or two SF but who would buy them???? No, I would not trade them for all of LJ's silver. I will just continue searching as much as possible every pay day until tax refund time.

-Golden Silver
 
Re: I CAN'T COIN ROLL HUNT AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!

golden silver said:
hAH....I Can't say that has not crossed my mind a time or two SF but who would buy them???? No, I would not trade them for all of LJ's silver. I will just continue searching as much as possible every pay day until tax refund time.

-Golden Silver
That's a great answer. Just keep plugging along with what you have.
 
Re: I CAN'T COIN ROLL HUNT AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!

Orrrr, you could change the amount of withholding you are currently paying... Why would you give the govt. a multi-thousand dollar, interest free loan for a year?? Keep the wife and kids, but less withheld in taxes and use that for your Crh'ing... HH, Gpurs...
 
Re: I CAN'T COIN ROLL HUNT AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!

GPURS said:
Orrrr, you could change the amount of withholding you are currently paying... Why would you give the govt. a multi-thousand dollar, interest free loan for a year??

Exactly! Is it still possible to claim "zero"?
 
Re: I CAN'T COIN ROLL HUNT AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!

I am a novice with taxes. What are you guys talking about with withholding???? Thanks.

Golden Silver
 
Re: I CAN'T COIN ROLL HUNT AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!

Yes you can claim 0.

I claim 0.

In addition to that I have them take an additional ~$200 out of every paycheck.

I still end up having to pay at the end of the year.

GPURS statement was RIGHT on the money. Don't give the IRS a tax free loan!

The max you can owe at the end of the year without incurring a penalty is (or was the last time I checked, but they change this # all the time) $500. So I try to work it to where I owe somewhere in the lower end of that neighborhood at the end of the year.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom