What's new

I cant do that,excuses,excuses,own up to it.

worldtalker

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,617
Reaction score
31,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't do that,excuses,excuses,own up to it.

There isn't anything you can't do,you either won't do it or you don't know how to do it. GodBless Chris
 
I know how to do almost anything, But at 75, I must admit there are physical limitations on what I can actually do. I use to be able to lift 220# over my head but I can't do it now. I use to be able to lift the front of my Renault sedan up to my shoulders, but that time has past. But alas, I can still swing my detector and pull out nice things, and I can still plant the bullet dead center of the bulleye at 100 yards. Age is just a number, but sometimes, it is a limiting factor. Frank.

111-1 profile.webp
 
I can't go out to the bars and chase women anymore... The wife won't allow it.:laughing7:
 
I know how to do almost anything, But at 75, I must admit there are physical limitations on what I can actually do. I use to be able to lift 220# over my head but I can't do it now. I use to be able to lift the front of my Renault sedan up to my shoulders, but that time has past. But alas, I can still swing my detector and pull out nice things, and I can still plant the bullet dead center of the bulleye at 100 yards. Age is just a number, but sometimes, it is a limiting factor. Frank.

View attachment 741190

Well said Frank,age is just a number,I am not able to do physically what I used to either! If I don't know how to do something I'll read about it or,watch someone that does and take it from there.
 
Well said Frank,age is just a number,I am not able to do physically what I used to either! If I don't know how to do something I'll read about it or,watch someone that does and take it from there.

Yes, knowledge is an acquired skill, no matter how you pick it up. I taught myself electronics in the 50's when they used tubes. got good enough to start my own radio and TV repair business on the side while I was in HS. Followed it thru to a 32 year career in electronics with a top 10 company. Taught myself photography also. Started with what were called lantern slide glass plates. Use to make pictures on them, build lamps from them and sell them. In the 70's, I designed and built bugler alarms for cars that could sense a person about 2" from the car. Hub caps were a hot item then. I have taught myself or learned every building trade. I designed and build my own home when I was 62 from digging the footers to putting on the roof and everything in between. There is nothing like knowledge except love. Frank

111-1 profilecracked.webp
 
Yes, knowledge is an acquired skill, no matter how you pick it up. I taught myself electronics in the 50's when they used tubes. got good enough to start my own radio and TV repair business on the side while I was in HS. Followed it thru to a 32 year career in electronics with a top 10 company. Taught myself photography also. Started with what were called lantern slide glass plates. Use to make pictures on them, build lamps from them and sell them. In the 70's, I designed and built bugler alarms for cars that could sense a person about 2" from the car. Hub caps were a hot item then. I have taught myself or learned every building trade. I designed and build my own home when I was 62 from digging the footers to putting on the roof and everything in between. There is nothing like knowledge except love. Frank

View attachment 741196

I like "once understanding comes knowledge is no more".
 
I would like to paraphrase that. "Once understanding comes, knowledge is put to good use". Frank

111-1 profileRED.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom