Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was resting for a bit after metal detecting all morning, had my water and was sitting in the shade. Several kids had come in and were playing ball nearby. Then a couple of them went to the soda machine near the bathrooms and got sodas. As they walked by, they each opened their drinks and flipped the tabs into the grass, made me cringe as I thought about even more tabs in the dirt. that makes me cringe a little bit but people rolling around or tackling each other on the ground makes me happy. I know that those small round foils keep those drinks sealed but I hate them. What makes it all worse is the empty trash cans all around the area!!! I am amazed at the number of people too lazy to go put their empty cans in the trash and then the guys cutting the grass simply running over them, even when they can see them. I currently live in a campground, I was detecting an area when a guy came up and asked if there was anything in the ground. I unplugged my ear buds and put my detector in all metal mode and swept the area around me. The guy was aghast as he asked if all that was all metal things in the ground. I answered Yep, it sucks too. Then he tells me that I need one of those good ones that only finds gold and silver, I agreed. Anyways, I always dispose of my pull tabs and caps correctly, mainly because I don't want to ever dig them up again. It sure would be nice if a lot more people did the same. KEEP AMERICA CLEAN!

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My sister's birthday is on April Fool's Day. I've often thought of burying a surprise for her, something like a 1 gallon freezer bag full of pull tabs and zinc pennies with a note. Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the serious note, the amount of litter is deplorable. When I work in some of the areas around Pittsburgh, I see kids opening candy and just letting the wrapper fall to the ground. Out in the country the amount of garbage along the road near my aunt's house, there is so much garbage just tossed out of people's cars. The amount of trash spans 40 years.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree, people just throw everything out of the window as they go down the road. We get a lot of tourists here to ride their four wheelers, they all say that it is so beautiful here but then they throw their trash out. volunteers pick up the trash along the roads and a week later, it needs done again. Pretty sad and it's not just the tourists, people that wouldn't have done it even ten years ago are doing it. we have become a disposable nation and our products prove it. no consequences and no consciousness or very little

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many did the same when we were young, to the point the government sponsored that ad with the Indian warrior who shed a tear back in the 70's.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I forgot about that ad, I remember it now

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Prior generations polluted far more than today's. Dumping in rivers, streams, ponds and lakes. Open dumping in ravines was common....back the truck up and push it out. Sometimes I find entire cars from the 40's dumped into ravines.

Our state has a 5 cent deposit on aluminum cans started because so many people up to then (early 80's) were tossing them out the windows.

The river used to be unfit for fish until pollution and dumping measures were enacted.

I don't see that much intentional polluting these days. Littering a bit today, yes, but nothing compared to past generations.

Still, I want to know who it is in my area that takes the time to cut a plug then leaves the tab behind... that's worse IMO.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the "Buy one of the good ones that only find gold & silver" Ahhh but we would if we could. Would of liked to have asked him, (and which one of those do you mean?)

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't understand those that just have to pull off the tabs that are supposed to stay on the can, nor those that can't even make it to a trash can with the empty can. I've even dug signals that turned out to be flattened drink cans shoved down into the turf when proper disposal would have been less work.
luvsdux

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fake indian, similar to fake news

Top Member Reactions