What's new

I.D. Help: Blacksmith tool?

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,757
Reaction score
35,447
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found at 27" in upstate New York. What was it used for? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • whatisit.webp
    whatisit.webp
    207.9 KB · Views: 258
Tongs. wish I could see the grasping end of them, probably used in a smith shop , kitchen fireplace or most any where, handy things. Bob
 
Yes, blacksmith's tongs. Here's a photo of a set I found, now hanging on my office wall, at the bottom, below the swords.
Richard
 

Attachments

  • And more swords.webp
    And more swords.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 233
Thank you Bob and Richard! Where did you dig the swords Richard? Way cool display!
 
Soloman:
Thanks, I've found them all over the place, the perfect one on the bottom was found near Jasper, Texas and was the very first one I ever found in 1963 or 64. It was buried behind a barn and had a heavy coating of red primer to protect it, others have been recovered from CW battlefields and are in poor shape. This is is just a few, if you are interested I can post more photos...
Richard
 
Those are fireplace tongs. In my estimation, they are not blacksmith tongs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom