diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's definitely not jasper,I have several sample specimens.The crystals are an aqua blue-green color at the base of them,then they turn bright white.It kind of looks like cinnabar with gangue.The crystals are very acicular under a 10x mag..Sorry,only have a cheapie web cam,can't really get any better photos.This particular rock was bought at a yard sale for a buck,so I have no way of knowing where it originated.There is a rock shop in town here,i'll give them a try.Thanks for the reply. H.H.-diggummup

Upvote 0

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
I did some splunking down a mine in Bloody Basin Arizona. We went in the side of a mountian at about a 30 degree angle. Got in about 100 feet when the whole inside of the shaft had small white crystals on it. Went in about another 100 feet and the same type of crystal covered the mine shaft. This time they were a royal blue. It was beautiful. I collected some of them and had it on display in my room at home. Over time they just disinegrated away. I believe it was a copper ore. Even turquoise is a type of copper ore.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
phxmark123-splunking,now that would be too cool.Maybe exposure to the light caused the disintegration over time?Too bad about your specimens,ever been to Tonto basin?

Upvote 0

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Ive done most my rockhounding and gold mining between Phoenix and Prescott, and from I-17 to Wickenburg. Done some rockhounding down around the KOFA mountians outside of Yuma. Hiked and spent a couple days in the Grand Canyon and the Superstition Mtns. I just love to get outdoors. I wish I had that type of scenery here in North Texas. Darn somebodys server is slow, it is taking about 45 seconds to dowload a page and I have DSL. I guess I better do a spyware check

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread