What's new

I d help Native American or older ?

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,556
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all
I need help,here going through my junk I've collected I found this little guy
I'm not sure what it is but I'm sure it's a carving possibly very very old any ideas or point me to where I may find out what it is ? Thanks east coast image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 0
Sorry it is the size of a quarter.
 
Looks like melted lead to me.
 
Hello all
I need help,here going through my junk I've collected I found this little guy
I'm not sure what it is but I'm sure it's a carving possibly very very old any ideas or point me to where I may find out what it is ? Thanks east coast View attachment 1196195View attachment 1196196View attachment 1196197View attachment 1196198View attachment 1196199View attachment 1196200View attachment 1196201View attachment 1196202

Melted Lead / Aluminum ???
In the shape of "The Great Turtle" or Alien Head??..or ...Cloud???
Hmmmmm
Davers
 
I can see a resemblance to Al Sharpton. :dontknow:
 
Looks like slag.
 
The thing that has me wondering about it is the high lighted eye socket/brow, looks like it has been carved a little and is different from the rest of the surface.
 
I think it is more imagination, i'm only seeing a natural rock....
 
The eye doesn't look "carved" to me, which is actually a misnomer. They didn't "carve" much of anything except maybe their meat. Most everything was made by pecking, grinding, and flaking. Some of the really soft Pipestone was obviously carved with small sharp instruments, (what we call Pin Drills maybe?). With all that said I have to agree with the majority. Nothing about that item tells me it was ever altered by man. Natural erosion of a natural stone.
 
How many posts are you going to make on this melted crap?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom